logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kanellop  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 9:43:32 AM(UTC)
kanellop

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I want to ask if anyone knows when Equis will have Metastock upgrade, for to accept the New Intel64 Bit Technology Processors.
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 12:30:21 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Are you using WinXP x64 edition now? I don't know anyone running it yet. Some of the MS explorations will consume my current resources (up to 100% processor time), but it is usually very brief. Is that happening with you too?
kanellop  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 1:31:06 PM(UTC)
kanellop

I didn't understand your answer clearly. Especially the part of your answer:"...Some on the MS explorations will consume my current resources (up to 100% processor time), but it is usually very brief." I use the Windows 1998 Second Edition with the Metastock 9.0 Pro for E-Signal. I do not use the Windows XP and the New Intel Proseccors in 64 Bit Technology for now. But these 64 Bit Processors have arrive in my Country Greece and i am interesting to Upgrade my System(Very Soon) exactly in the System that i mention above. I want to Upgrade my Computer Machine especially for 1 reason! To make my Metastock Explorations with more Speed! Maybe it listen mad that, but is the True!
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 2:32:03 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Kanellop, I did not do much research about the 64 bits apps but I can tell that there is no plans yet to use the technology to improve the way MetaStock runs. Hope this answers your question :wink: As far as 64 bit architecture goes ... We will see what does ... I'm a little skeptical :roll: Patrick :mrgreen:
kanellop  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 4:10:41 PM(UTC)
kanellop

Dear Patrick, I received your Message. I want to ask you why you are Sceptical about that (64 Bit New Technology) ?
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 6:46:32 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Hey K- Sorry, I was trying to type you a quick response on my way out. It just came across cluttered. My understanding is that there are very few software applications currently available to take advantage of the x64 technology. Surely, that will change over time, but not anytime soon. There is general consumer acceptance of the current XP platform since it is fairly stable (especially compared to Win98 and earlier versions). My prediction is that Microsoft will have its toughest sell yet to customers not really needing a new OS platform. We could see a marketing flop on the horizon. Regarding my earlier statement, I use XP pro edition. P4@3 Ghz; 2 Gb memory. Whenever I run custom explorations with a fair number of variables, Metastock will send my CPU usage from <5% to 100% while it is running the exploration. I thought maybe that was your concern. Do you see this problem with your current system? I have tried to set Metastock system priority to 'below normal' and low, but it doesn't affect the CPU usage. Still, the time it takes to run the explorations is reasonable, but it is related to the complexity of your explorations.
kanellop  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 6:59:30 PM(UTC)
kanellop

Dear G_Stockman, I received your Message. I agree when use a lot of Variables the Time that need for the Exploration is more. With my Windows 1998 Second Edition the things with Metastock goes very well. Of course i need some Time for my Explorations. Not a Lot, but i want to improve it. I have not experience with the Windows XP yet. In your System(Windows XP) with the Metastock work very well? I want to make the following for to have Advantage in Speed. I want to use the Metastock 9.0 Pro for E-Signal, with Windows XP with 1 GB RAM and with a Hard Disc of Western Digital in the Speed of 10000RPM and with an Intel Processor 64 Bit 3.2 GHz. Do you believe that is Good all that Combination?
StorkBite  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 7:26:10 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

That sounds like cutting-edge technology. 8) I don't see how you could go wrong with a setup like that. I'm envious!
hayseed  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 8:34:49 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey k.... windows xp pro 64 bit can be downloaded for free, trial version in most, not all, countries...... of course in greece you can.... most everything microsoft puts out can be downloaded for free, with a time limitation..... was wondering just how long are you talking about your explorations taking.... the average equis supplied exploration takes me about 10 seconds per 500 securities for example...... my slowest exploration is probably the chande momentum osc expert system, it takes about 4 minutes...... thats an expert system....... is there a slow exploration in particular in meta that i can test for time..... system testing takes a while, but most all explorations scream though for me if i'm using local data..... if you have a slow exploration thats included in meta, we can compare times..... h
dj4005  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2005 9:11:57 AM(UTC)
dj4005

[quote=state of the art". As usual, "your mileage may vary". Best of luck! Dale