logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NINO  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:01:30 PM(UTC)
NINO

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

if anyone can help me to bulit an explorer in order to print the entry and exit points i d appreciate it a lot thnax nino :D
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2005 6:11:03 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey nino.... the exit price would change daily, so it might be difficult from a single exploration to print both the entry and future exit.... if your studying on something like curran's system, the exit might require the use of a expert advisor.... in that case the exit would be a opposing 3 line break, which could be set in the advisor..... or the exit could be a trailing stop..... meta's explorer could be used to find the 3 line breaks and to calculate an intial stop loss exit by placing in a colunm something like c*.90 which would be a 10% stop loss.... here you can see top graph, i put a 5% stop in column e and a 10% in column f..... in that page is the '3 line break' run in a system test on 534 securities, the s&p 500 and 34 securities returned in the exploration..... the second graph is the same 534 run in equis's macd expert system.... the last graph is those same 534 run in hayseed 107..... i'll run a system test later with curran's entrys and exits and post it.....h
NINO  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:24:43 AM(UTC)
NINO

hayseed wrote:
hey nino.... the exit price would change daily, so it might be difficult from a single exploration to print both the entry and future exit.... if your studying on something like curran's system, the exit might require the use of a expert advisor.... in that case the exit would be a opposing 3 line break, which could be set in the advisor..... or the exit could be a trailing stop..... meta's explorer could be used to find the 3 line breaks and to calculate an intial stop loss exit by placing in a colunm something like c*.90 which would be a 10% stop loss.... here you can see top graph, i put a 5% stop in column e and a 10% in column f..... in that page is the '3 line break' run in a system test on 534 securities, the s&p 500 and 34 securities returned in the exploration..... the second graph is the same 534 run in equis's macd expert system.... the last graph is those same 534 run in hayseed 107..... i'll run a system test later with curran's entrys and exits and post it.....h
:D THANX AGAIN HAYSEED FOR YOUR QUICK ANSWER I DONT THINK THE LINE BREAK SYSTEM GHANGES EVERY DAY THE STOP OR ENTRY POINTS????? I POST A EXAMPLE CONCERNING DAX LET ME KNOW THANX NINO
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:01:44 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey nino.... that chart helps, the answer is yes..... the explorer can accomplish your qoals... from looking at your chart it appears its to be a series of if then's, if c>4400.68 then stop at 4178 , which is the kind of math the explorer does..... there are much better coders here than me, but if someone does not post it, i'll try later...... h
minnamor  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2005 11:19:01 PM(UTC)
minnamor

Hayseed, I can see in your system summary that all securities showed a profit. I tried to replicate the system from the explorer but got very different results. Is there a chance of sharing the system code? Thanks.
hayseed  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 3:13:24 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey minnamor..... my fault, should have been clearer ....thats just something i threw together for nino.... its confusing in that there is not a typical formula for 'sell' or a 'buy to cover'..... instead let the 5% trailing stop take you out your long and short..... thats a good example of where money management can enhance your returns and is something i use often..... rather than code an exit, just let the market take me out...... systems with no losses are easy to build..... systems with high returns are easy to build.... money management can improve both..... speaking of improve, heres the 2 line break..... slight improvement over the 3 line break, wouldn't you say............h
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 3:50:07 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
:-k Do I only get this excel file to help me help you create what you guys are talking about? .... Maybe I need to read the post ... do I have to bs_whatexc Or can someone post the rules for me in plain english? Patrick
hayseed  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:01:14 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick..... some of my posts might confuse you, being i missunderstood nino's orignal question on another post..... the rules for the 3 line break vary from person to person... the thought is a counter move today that completely retraces the move over the past 3 days, hence the 3 line break..... days or bars of course..... that move almost implys a change in trend..... so today , may 18, on the daily charts a bullish 3 line break would be, 'diod', 'dwch', 'chrt', and 'atsn'...... a bearish would be, 'mobi', and 'brc'.......
bullish 3 line break c>Ref(h,-3) and ref(c,-2)<ref(c,-3) and ref(c,-1)<ref(c,-2) bearish 3 line break c<Ref(l,-3) and ref(c,-2)>ref(c,-3) and ref(c,-1)>ref(c,-2)
now, what nino wanted was for the explorer to print 'tonite' tommorrows entrys and exits..... not so much as an exploration more of a calculation.... as you know thats not the true intent of the explorer but the more i thought about it i can't see why it can't be done...... its a neat way to use meta tonite to calculate tommorrows buy stops........ btw, you didn't think i was going to blame marilyn for those 2 extra )'s did you......h
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:34:37 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Thanks for all the extra info, I will look at it tomorrow.
Quote:
btw, you didn't think i was going to blame marilyn for those 2 extra )'s did you......h
:oops: Patrick
NINO  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:32:18 AM(UTC)
NINO

hayseed wrote:
hey patrick..... some of my posts might confuse you, being i missunderstood nino's orignal question on another post..... the rules for the 3 line break vary from person to person... the thought is a counter move today that completely retraces the move over the past 3 days, hence the 3 line break..... days or bars of course..... that move almost implys a change in trend..... so today , may 18, on the daily charts a bullish 3 line break would be, 'diod', 'dwch', 'chrt', and 'atsn'...... a bearish would be, 'mobi', and 'brc'.......
bullish 3 line break c>Ref(h,-3) and ref(c,-2)<ref(c,-3) and ref(c,-1)<ref(c,-2) bearish 3 line break c<Ref(l,-3) and ref(c,-2)>ref(c,-3) and ref(c,-1)>ref(c,-2)
now, what nino wanted was for the explorer to print 'tonite' tommorrows entrys and exits..... not so much as an exploration more of a calculation.... as you know thats not the true intent of the explorer but the more i thought about it i can't see why it can't be done...... its a neat way to use meta tonite to calculate tommorrows buy stops........ btw, you didn't think i was going to blame marilyn for those 2 extra )'s did you......h
:D THANX FOR THE QUICK ANSWERS U QUOTE the thought is a counter move today that completely retraces the move over the past 3 days, hence the 3 line break..... days or bars of course..... I THINK MY FRIEND THAT THE 3 LINE BREAK DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE TIME AT ALL......ONLY PRICES!!!!!! SO NO CONNECTION IF 3 DAYS IS GONE OR 5 OR 20..... I.E. ON MY DIAGRAM FOR DAX IF THE PRICES(CLOSES) REMAIN BTW 4400.68 AND 4178.10 FOR 5 DAYS OR 20 OR 50 OR 1 YEAR!!! THE DIAGRAM DOES NOT CHANGE.... IT DOES ONLY WHEN C>4400.68 AND C<4178.10 REGARDS NINO
Patrick  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2005 6:22:53 AM(UTC)
Patrick

I think you guys like to confuse me, I ha d to use the excel file :cry: :cry: But here is what I propose for the values you speak of as an exploration for tomorrow's setup. {bullish 3 line break Value} Max(C,Max(Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-2))) {bullish 3 line break Value} Min(C,Min(Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-2))) Kinda simplistic but I think that if it's not what you needed, at least that's where we shoudl start from. Patrick :mrgreen:
bikhod  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2007 2:14:31 AM(UTC)
bikhod

Hi

I added the above fomulae to my MetaStock 8.0 explorer. The results and the MetaStock 3 line break charts do not agree.

Is the formula correct? Anyone else tried this?

Thanks

bikhod  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:30:20 AM(UTC)
bikhod

Hi

I have given up on using MetaStock for 3LB signals as I can't find an explorer for it.

So, does anyone know of any other tool / web site that scans the market for 3LB signals?

Thanks