logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HHhunter  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2005 4:45:33 PM(UTC)
HHhunter

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I was wondering if anyone here uses the Bollinger Band System Plug-in. If so are there any additional tools that you use in conjunction with the system to help improve the signals. Thanks for any help anyone may have. I am new to the system and was hoping to pick up some pointers from some veterans.
minnamor  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2005 6:26:11 AM(UTC)
minnamor

I have been using it for a while and have found it to be so far the only plug-in that consistently performs well. The BB strategy implemented is a reversal one and the only drawback is that formula are password protected and there is no system for the system tester.Moreover, the expert would show only the most recent signal if close enough to the last date. I overcame these drawbacks by paper trading for a long enough period. Please note that the above drawbacks have been overcome with the release of the BB Toolkit but a) it requires buying the book "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands" and b) certain adaptive features of the BBS plug-in are not present in the Toolkit. Finally, the BBS plugin is extremely selective and would require a large data base on securities to trade, hence OK for US markets but probably unsuitable for smaller national markets.
HHhunter  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2005 1:45:23 PM(UTC)
HHhunter

Thank you, that does give me an added bit of confidence. So am I correct in saying you don't use any additional tools or screens with the BBS? Thanks for the help.
minnamor  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2005 2:46:46 PM(UTC)
minnamor

BBS gives guidance on building a watchlist of suitable securities based on volume (just follow instructions in the manual). The system already includes indicator confirmation of BB but the formulae are not disclosed. With the Toolkit oudo not have the "Merrill's patterns screening required for one of the strategies (you are kindly referred to the BollingeronBollingerBands site :-) for a subscription but if you own the book (anybody would probably recommend it, I suppose) then you can see these patterns and replicate them in MS code or use visual screening. Once again, that is only for one of the four strategies and has nothing to do with BBS.
HHhunter  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2005 5:43:06 PM(UTC)
HHhunter

thank you