logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kffff  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2005 4:23:36 PM(UTC)
kffff

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Anyone using the Elder Disc for Metastock, from Alexander Elder and if so how are the results? Thanks.
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2005 8:54:57 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

It is very very new... I do have a couple of people reviewing it with the intention of them placing their reviews here (unedited and uninfluenced by me). Watch for something in a few weeks. Marilyn
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:20:24 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Marilyn, I have not heard of this ... Who made it? Is it really new? When can we get that review you are speaking of ? :D Patrick
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:28:57 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

You know what.... it is so new it isn't even on the website yet.. I did put it in the downloadable catalog though... http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=516 I honestly don't have that much info about it but I will do some research and get back to ya!
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:32:43 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Are you trying one of your Marketing Jedi mind trick on me :lol: Give me some info :P Patrick
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2005 3:16:55 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

These are not the droids you are looking for... you can go about your business. :) Alright - I am back and armed with information... dangerous :D The MetaStock Add-on Dr. Elder's Trading Room is a companion to his book Come Into My Trading Room. I have been told if you follow Dr. Elder and have read the book then this add-on is great. I am going to quote the back of the manual here so just hang in there... Trading Room contains all of the indicators not already in MetaStock described in Dr. Elder's books. These indicators include the Market Thermometer, a volatiliy measure, and the SafeZone stop, a method for setting stops based on recent volatility. You will also get MetaStock templates with basic screens and samples of each indicator showing how they are best formatted. In addition to the indicators, there are scans allowing you to find stocks based on these indicators, and two Expert Advisors. One Advisor based on Triple Screen and the other on the new Impulse System. Bring the power of Dr. Elder's Trading Room into your MetaStock with the 11 indicators, 10 templates, 5 explorations and 2 expert advisors. Note: I have heard a rumor that there is a 1/2 price coupon for this add-on inside one of the books - this is yet to be confirmed....
kffff  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:28:45 PM(UTC)
kffff

Link just goes to another forum page with entries back in April. Doesn't seem to be any information regarding the product.
Patrick  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:30:18 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Download the pdf catalog and you will see the description of the new plug in inside it ... It is not much more info though, so I guess we will have to wait for a review to know more about it. Patrick
minnamor  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:19:09 AM(UTC)
minnamor

If I understand the above, the package does not include a System for the Enhanced System Tester (not good). This brings up the question: are the package components open or password protected? I say this because the only add-in that has been able to provide solid performance for me (US markets) has been the Bollinger Band Systems and, maybe not by chance, the Bollinger Band ToolKit was later released with open code. That makes owing both the software and the book very valuable.
Marilyn  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:26:51 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Unfortunately there are no systems for the system tester... you are right. Checking into the open/closed thing... give me a couple of minutes... Marilyn
Marilyn  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:58:22 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

The formulae are open but he does warn that if you tinker with them it might stuff somethings up. I have asked someone who know TONS more than I to come in and add their 2 cents. Watch this space. :) Marilyn
Noah  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:57:01 PM(UTC)
Noah

Hi My name is Noah, Marylyn asked me to come into the forum to give you all a little more info on the Elder's Trading room plug-in. Dr. Elder is a brilliant trading mind. The techniques that he teaches are rock solid, and his book come into my trading room is excellent. I recommend it to anybody who wants to improve their trading. Part of his book is spent discussing his custom indicators, and techniques. This Plug-in gives you all of the templates, indicators, layouts, and experts that he has developed. To truly get the most out of this plug-in you need to read the Book Come Into My Trading Room, which when you buy the plug-in you get a coupon for 50% off of his book. I have started to use the program, and the results are very good. His methods are simple and effective, and the indicators that he uses are easy to understand. His triple screen method automatically incorporates multiple time frame analysis, and gives you indicators on your chart giving you easy to follow color identification of what the larger time frame is doing. This will ensure that you are always trading with the trend. Noah
theghost  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 7:30:53 AM(UTC)
theghost

Go to his website on http://shop.elder.com/shopexd.asp?id=112 Table of Contents here; http://www.elder.com/Met...able%20of%20Contents.htm I have read his book. Come into my trading room. Excellent. You will take something from this I'm sure. The Ghost
StorkBite  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2005 11:56:04 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
OK, I have the book, but no coupon. Does anyone want to donate their coupon, or let me in on any other deals for the Elder plug-in? Thanks!
Marilyn  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2005 12:44:46 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Call the sales line and tell them you got the book but no coupon! :) You can blame it on me... (not that I have anything to do with it or any influence.. they can check with me though cause I sit close... :))
StorkBite  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2005 3:02:42 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Well... thanks! You know I have to feel right about it; so, I just went ahead and ordered the plug-in from elder.com at the full price. Most of the formulas are all over the internet anyway. I just wanted to be official, I suppose. Call me a sucker. :wink:
Marilyn  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2005 2:50:42 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Not a sucker! Just honest... I totally believe it will come back to you in the end... At least that is what I keep telling myself! :)
billtrudeau  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 10:51:17 AM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

OK, do you get a coupon for the software if you buy the book or do you get a coupon for the book if you buy the software?
konrad  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 11:54:13 AM(UTC)
konrad

Marliyn , I have check a equis catalog http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=516 and I have all of them that is for sale, those software it real help me in analysis, expecialy a Trade oracle and a ICe 2.5 I just get started using it but I am happy, those software work for me 50% of job! I dont use only a Elder CD, is too much to get in one time, I love to write my own formula,system tester, and some expert advisor!:)
Marilyn  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 3:19:55 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hi Bill
Quote:
OK, do you get a coupon for the software if you buy the book or do you get a coupon for the book if you buy the software?
I believe there is a coupon in the book for 1/2 off the software... If there is not just call our sales people and tell them that there is supposed to be... You can say that I told you so (straight from the horses mouth as it were :) ). Konrad
Quote:
and I have all of them that is for sale, those software it real help me in analysis, expecialy a Trade oracle and a ICe 2.5 I just get started using it but I am happy, those software work for me 50% of job!
:) I am glad that you are finding Trade Oracle and ICE helpful. Trade Oracle got a great review in TASC Magazine. Remember - you don't have to buy them all :) buy the ones that fit your style and that you will find helpful. If in doubt buy a book that explains the trading system to see if it suits you. Gas prices still going up here... how about you?? :) M