logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BillyB  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2005 2:48:36 PM(UTC)
BillyB

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Does anyone know of a way, or a product, that will allow all of the trade data from MetaStock’s Enhanced System Tester tests to be exported to a spreadsheet? Specifically, FOR EVERY TRADE, export at least; the 1) security’s symbol, 2) whether the trade was a Long or a Sell Short, 3) the entry price per share, 4) the entry date, 5) the number of shares, 6) the exit price per share, 7) the exit date or Not Closed (closed at the end of the test, not an exit signal), 8) the total number of bars while in the trade. I know I can do this by cutting and pasting each stock’s report data, one at a time, but this takes many laborious hours for each test. If I could do this, I can use the data to calculate my own evaluation metrics, histograms, and charts. The reports that MetaStock generates just do not give me all the information I need. The data I want is all in MetaStock, but I can’t get at it easily. Does TradeSim do this? Anyone? Thanks, Bill
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:50:55 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Are you good with MS Access queries :D All the data you are asking for is stored in (usually) C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\ST_DATA.MDB I'm decent with MS SQL databases but never really had a use for access ... Maybe an access guru could help ... Patrick :mrgreen:
msbakshi  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2005 4:08:16 PM(UTC)
msbakshi

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello Patrick, I looked at ST_DATA.MDB by opening it in MS Access. It seems that the kind of detailed data that BillyB is looking for is not available from ST_DATA.MDB. This database contains 9 Tables: Analysis AnalysisData AnalysisEvents AnalysisResult AnalysisVariablePermutation Optimization SystemDefinition SystemHistory TestOption The AnalysisResult table contains some of the data that we see on the Enhanced System Tester Views, but mostly it contains summarized data, not the detail that BillyB is looking for. So from where we can get the details? Can you verify this by asking Equis Developers? AnalysisResult table contains following: ResultID SystemID DataID VariablePermutationID ResultStatus ResultDate InitialEquity FinalEquity ProfitableTrades UnprofitableTrades IncomeFromProfitablePositions LossFromUnprofitablePositions PointsOnlyTest FirstDate FirstTime LastDate LastTime BuyHoldProfit ProfitableShortTrades ProfitableLongTrades UnprofitableShortTrades UnprofitableLongTrades TotalTrades HighestProfitableTrade AverageProfitableTrade LowestProfitableTrade HighestUnprofitableTrade AverageUnprofitableTrade LowestUnprofitableTrade MostConsecutiveProfitableTrades MostConsecutiveUnprofitableTrades LongestProfitableTradeLength ShortestProfitableTradeLength TotalProfitableTradeLength AverageProfitableTradeLength LongestUnprofitableTradeLength ShortestUnprofitableTradeLength AverageUnprofitableTradeLength TotalUnprofitableTradeLength LongestSidelineLength ShortestSidelineLength AverageSidelineLength TotalSidelineLength HighestOpenDrawdown HighestClosedDrawdown LowestAccountBalance HighestAccountBalance HighestPortfolioValue CommissionCharged InterestCredited InterestCharged MarginCalls Overdrafts ProfitLossIndex BuyHoldIndex RewardRiskIndex ValueOfOpenPositions CountOfOpenPositions ResultProfit ResultPerformance ResultBars LongMaxAdverseExcursion LongMaxFavorableExcursion ShortMaxAdverseExcursion ShortMaxFavorableExcursion AverageLongEntryEfficiency AverageLongExitEfficiency AverageLongTotalEfficiency AverageShortEntryEfficiency AverageShortExitEfficiency AverageShortTotalEfficiency AverageEntryEfficiency AverageExitEfficiency AverageTotalEfficiency