logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DayTrader  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2005 10:11:19 AM(UTC)
DayTrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Does anybody knows how can I add Moving Average (50) on volume. I would like to have MA(50) line over the volume bars, so that I can see if todays volume is greater than average volume. Thanks for any sugestions.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2005 3:45:41 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The easy way is to apply the moving average indicator on top of your volume bars. The volume bars should turn purple when you apply the indicator and you will then now that the average was applied on the volume. Then maybe save the chart as a template. If you want to be sure that the average is calculated on volume, you could create the following indicator : Mov(V,50,Simple) Patrick
DayTrader  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2005 5:12:38 PM(UTC)
DayTrader

Thanks Patrick for your reply. I was constantly trying to drop MA nearby volume bars (not on top), and volume bars didn't turn purple, so that was mistake I was doing. :oops: DayTrader
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2005 2:09:54 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey daytrader..... that was tricky for me at first also.... the only time that i've noticed the color not changing is when your using the red/green type volume bars.... you know this but some might not...... we can move the moving averages off their respective indicator and onto another area of the chart...... this chart of 'ibm' has the 50 day stochastic ma, thick blue line and the 90 day stochastic ma, thick green line, on the price pane...... placing the pointer on the ma brings up the discripter box as in the lower left, reminding us just what it is.........h
callisto  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:24:24 PM(UTC)
callisto

Does anyone know how to apply a moving average to colored volume bars? I use blue bars for price-up days and red bars for price-down days. The indicators I created for colored volume are: blue volume: If(ROC(C,1,$)>=0, V, 0) red volume: If(ROC(C,1,$)<0, V, 0) Simply applying a moving average only averages either the blue or red days. Thanks for your help.
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:35:20 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You should just create your own it will be easier that way. Formula for a 50 period MA is : Mov(V,50,Simple) Also if you watch formula training videop lesson one, you will learn some basics about formula writing. Patrick :mrgreen: