logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
temperino  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2024 3:31:26 PM(UTC)
temperino

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi everyone, this is the first post I've written as an MS user. I would like to know how it is possible, if it is possible, to overcome the problem of the capacity limit of the T.S. results. I quickly reach the 2GB limit and am therefore forced to delete the ST_DATA.MDB file and replace it with a clean copy. This involves saving all indicators etc. and then reinstall them. Can't save a single result? The copy to excel function does not solve the problem, if I have a scan of 50 systems on 40 stocks I can save the first level of data, I cannot then open the single result and see it at work on the individual stocks.

Thanks in advance

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2024 4:54:11 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: temperino Go to Quoted Post

Hi everyone, this is the first post I've written as an MS user. I would like to know how it is possible, if it is possible, to overcome the problem of the capacity limit of the T.S. results. I quickly reach the 2GB limit and am therefore forced to delete the ST_DATA.MDB file and replace it with a clean copy. This involves saving all indicators etc. and then reinstall them. Can't save a single result? The copy to excel function does not solve the problem, if I have a scan of 50 systems on 40 stocks I can save the first level of data, I cannot then open the single result and see it at work on the individual stocks.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

The 2GB limit is a hard limit for this MDB file, so there isn't really a way to circumvent this. Optimizations can really cause the file to grow in size. You may consider increasing the number of Steps per optimization variable (larger Steps means less total numbers to test), or reducing the total number of Optimization variables to see if this can help. Periodically using the Trade Options > Clean Now feature might help limit the overall ST_Data.MDB size as well.

We may eventually move away from this System Test Results structure, but I do not know if/when that might happen.

temperino  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2024 6:00:03 PM(UTC)
temperino

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks, this limitation is particularly frustrating .. also the fact that the results, as well as the explorations, the Expert, the System Tester etc. etc. they cannot be organized in folder adds a lot of effort to the flow of work