logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lcl  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2006 4:53:00 PM(UTC)
lcl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi Forumers, In the Indicator Builder, the Notes for the Advance Decline Line indicator says to create a composite security in the Downloader of Advancing Issues minus Declining Issues and then to open a chart of this Composite. What are the steps for this please? Many tks!
Andy144  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2006 6:24:20 PM(UTC)
Andy144

if you have a newer version of MS the AD line should already be in your indicator list under the BM NYSE or NASDAQ listings They area already computed for you in quotecenter with the following symbols us&amdn NYSE advances minus declines us&amdQ nasdaq us&amdA Amex If you do not have the formula and have quotecenter in formula builder click new cum(security("path\\filename",c)) if you do not have QC find the symbols for advances and declines in your database and enter cum(security("path\\filename",c)- security("path\\filename",c)) you must supply the path and filenames if you need to create a composite open the downloader click new, choose composite, and follow instructions on the help section you would first enter the advance file then the declines file and select minus as the operation. Hope this helps Andrew :D
lcl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 1:32:03 AM(UTC)
lcl

Hi Adrew, Thank you for your reply.... Currently I am just looking at SGX stocks and I use a local data provider; in this case, is it possible to construct this indicator? Thanks again!
Andy144  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:31:46 AM(UTC)
Andy144

If the advance and decline data for the SGX is available from your data supplier I have never used sinapore data so I would recomend contacting your data supplier for symbols if available If available You can then create your SGX a/d line using the Cum(Security("advancer file path",c) - Security( "decliners file path",c) ) code in the indicator builder. (you have to supply the file path again) Also check if they already have a advancers minus decline file then you only have to use Cum(Security("advance minus decline file path",c)) for your code you can also create this with the composite function in the downloader. This is how the supplied nasdaq AD line is done AmD:=Security("C:\\MetaStock Data\\BM Data\\us&AMDQ",C); Cum(AmD) This is the same as the acbove just the advance minus declines data is assigned to the AmD variable. I would recommend contacting the data supplier because they should know exacly what to do. I spent months looking for breath data on the Canadian markets when I already had access to it with my Quotcenter subscription I would of saved a lot of time if I just sent a e-mail to equis support( my data supplier) to see if it was available. I was about to purchase another plug-in so I could make it myself so saved a few bucks. Anyways good luck, Andrew
Maxforce  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 7:25:48 AM(UTC)
Maxforce

Dear Andy,

I m sorry if this sounds too newbie to you, but do you mean to say we need our data suppliers to give us the advancing and declining issues?

Could we set it up ourselves - the advancing/declining issues?

Thanks!

wabbit  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 7:30:58 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Maxforce,

Yes, your data provider should be able to provide you with A/D data... If they cannot, checkout Premium Data for your SGX data : http://www.premiumdata.net
Maxforce  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2007 7:35:10 AM(UTC)
Maxforce

Thanks for the lightning speed reply, wabbit!!!
wahkao  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:01:08 PM(UTC)
wahkao

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hello!
I am also on SGX using mldownloader. with mldownloader, i already got all the historical data of the stocks i want. is it possible to construct the advance decline indicator using metastocks? i do not wish to pay for this data as i already have mldownloader. unlike in NYSE, http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/ dont really have a nice security that packs together all the advance decline information.

wblam  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2007 7:57:41 AM(UTC)
wblam

wahkao wrote:
hello!
I am also on SGX using mldownloader. with mldownloader, i already got all the historical data of the stocks i want. is it possible to construct the advance decline indicator using metastocks? i do not wish to pay for this data as i already have mldownloader. unlike in NYSE, http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/ dont really have a nice security that packs together all the advance decline information.

Then u have to create the data files yourself.

Data can be get here:

http://stquote.sgx.com/live/st/MktSummary.asp

devesh2  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:01:26 PM(UTC)
devesh2

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello Experts,

Is there any way where we can ourselves create the Advance decline line using the EOD data.

I can scan and find the advancing stocks list for the day, but is there any way where metastock can count the number of advancing stocks from the list and similarly number of  decling stocks. If I have both these numbers, i can myself create the advance decline line. But currently I am only  able to create a list of such stocks , but not able to count the number of stocks in the list.