logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emmarsef$  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:10:35 AM(UTC)
emmarsef$

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello!

I'm looking two write an indicator formula and a system testing formula and I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

I currently have three Hull Moving Averages: MA Short Period: 9 MA Long Period: 21 Major Period: 50 and I'm after a Metastock formula to display buy/sell signals: xUpMajor = crossover(avg(ma_short, ma_long), ma_major) xDownMajor = crossunder(avg(ma_short, ma_long), ma_major) Then once i have those signals, I would like to be able to run system testing that tests for these signals in-conjunction with the start of a parabolic SAR.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 3:30:35 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emmarsef$ Go to Quoted Post

Hello!

I'm looking two write an indicator formula and a system testing formula and I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

I currently have three Hull Moving Averages: MA Short Period: 9 MA Long Period: 21 Major Period: 50 and I'm after a Metastock formula to display buy/sell signals: xUpMajor = crossover(avg(ma_short, ma_long), ma_major) xDownMajor = crossunder(avg(ma_short, ma_long), ma_major) Then once i have those signals, I would like to be able to run system testing that tests for these signals in-conjunction with the start of a parabolic SAR.

Hello,

The basic concept is pretty straightforward. You would mostly just be using a  number of Cross functions and averages.

MetaStock's Cross function determines it's cross direction based on the order of the items inside the parentheses: Cross(UpValue,DownValue). The general logic would be as follows:

Code:
Cross((ShortMA+LongMA)/2,MajorMA) AND Cross(C,SAR(0.02,0.20))

This is not exact code. However you are defining the Hull Moving Averages would also need to be written out (potentially as variables) where ShortMA, LongMA, and MajorMA are listed. The other cross direction would simply take reversing the items listed within the functions:

Code:
Cross(MajorMA,(ShortMA+LongMA)/2) AND Cross(SAR(0.02,0.20),C)

Edited by user Friday, August 23, 2019 2:50:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified