logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fahad04  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 8:17:16 AM(UTC)
Fahad04

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi guys,

I have some System Tester formulas which buy at the %100 low and  sell at %100 high (Peak & Trough).

this misleading the results of the System Tester.

How can I make the system tester more accurate to be like live markets to prevent hindsight results from effects my formula testing results?

Regrads,

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2016 8:21:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fahad04  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 5:20:55 PM(UTC)
Fahad04

Seriously guys no answer for that! ,does that mean there is no why in the System Tester! o.O

This a big issue which leads to false result.

mstt  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 6:43:45 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi Fahad

The problem you have is not the fault of the System Tester but the problem is probably caused by poorly coded systems, and possibly made worse by improper setups for various System Tester parameters.

As you've made no effort to post either the code (Buy and Sell formulas), or any sort of summary of the System Tester's setup parameters, there's not a lot that anyone can do to help.

The EST (Endanced System Tester) is not without it's faults. It can, however, be set up to generate somewhat useful theoretical results. If you take the time to document and post both the system code and System Tester parameters it's likely that someone might be able to help you. But please give forum members something to work with.

Roy

Edited by user Friday, September 30, 2016 6:45:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: mis-spelled word

Fahad04  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 9:38:48 AM(UTC)
Fahad04

Hi Roy,

Thank you for your response.

I do not have the right to share or publish the formula, but I gave a hint that it uses (Peak & Trough). It determines the tops and bottoms, it is like Zigzag (hindsight too). But when you put it in EST (Enhanced System Tester), it will give you %100 win trades and incredible profits which is not possible in live trading (that because it gives a signal after several candles in live trading but in EST it gives the signals in the same candle)

All what I'm looking for is finding a way in EST to prevent hindsight (Repainting) signal regardless of the formula.

Regards

Fahad

Edited by user Sunday, October 2, 2016 11:12:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mstt  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 5:43:09 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi Fahad OK, I'm sorry for being a little rough on you - you were right not to post the code. My guess is that your Peak and Trough signals are never going to appear on the current bar - a reversal is necessary to identify a new peak or trough. I suggest that you count the number of new data bars that are required for a Peak or Trough to form before a buy or sell signal is generated (1 or 2 bars perhaps). To get valid Buy and Sell signals you need to delay existing signals so that the (delayed) signals can be plotted on the most recent bar of a chart, exploration or system test. Roy
Fahad04  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 10:32:47 AM(UTC)
Fahad04

Originally Posted by: mstt Go to Quoted Post
Hi Fahad
My guess is that your Peak and Trough signals are never going to appear on the current bar - a reversal is necessary to identify a new peak or trough.
Roy

Exactly,  that is what happens in the real trade. But in ETS will form the signal from the 1st bar and it %100 wins, so it will test the only valid win signal.

Some other systems such as "Strategy Tester" in Metatrader much more like the real markets , but not ETS of Metastock, sorry for saying the truth.

I wish they fix that.

You may be right when you said "poorly coded systems" but  MetaStock should give an option to deal with these systems by making it test bar by bar. [Delay order opening in Trade Execution] tab in ETS not enough.

Fahad

Edited by user Monday, October 3, 2016 11:27:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: misspell