logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GregCCL  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 6:49:14 AM(UTC)
GregCCL

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have been unable to install MetaStock V.11 on a laptop running Windows 8.  I upgraded to MetaStock V.13 hoping to use my own data and not that from DataLink but after the two months free data, I am unable to run MetaStock V.13.

I have decided to stick to Version 11 but have not been able to instal it on Windows 8 OS. Can anyone help, please?  Thank you.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 3:17:17 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Without knowing any specifics of your installation issue it is hard to say for sure where your problem might be. Many times installation issues are caused by a conflicting application running in the background. MetaStock 11 uses an older version of InstallShield which seems to be more problematic on newer operating systems. While we cannot guarantee you will be able to use the software on a non-supported operating system, you can try the following methods to try and get MetaStock 11 to install: If installing from CD: 1. Browse the CD 2. Right-click on the Setup application file and choose "Run As Administrator" If installing from download: 1. Right-click on the downloaded file and choose "Run As Administrator" If these steps do not work, you may need to try temporarily running your PC in a diagnostic mode. To do this: 1. Press the Windows key+R to open the "Run" menu 2. Type MSCONFIG and press (Enter) 3. In the "General" tab, set the option to "Diagnostic startup" and click Apply/Ok 4. Restart your PC Once your PC has restarted into Diagnostic mode, try the above installation steps again to see if the installation will proceed. Afterward, you can go back into MSCONFIG and set your PC back to "Normal Startup" (Repeat steps 1+2 to change back to Normal).
GregCCL  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 1:30:04 PM(UTC)
GregCCL

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks a million for the advice. I shall try as you suggest.