logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
koronos  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:50:31 PM(UTC)
koronos

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello

I wanted to download prices with The Downloader as usual, however, I'm shown a popup telling me "Unable to create request file." I've checked for the antivirus program having The Downloader in the trusted programs list. I have also uninstalled the antivirus and installed it again but the error has remained.

Meanwhile I'm a bit desperate as I haven't found any solution for this problem.

If anyone has a sparking idea, please let me know. I'm at my wit's end :-(.

Kind regards

Koronos

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 10:41:08 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: koronos Go to Quoted Post

Hello

I wanted to download prices with The Downloader as usual, however, I'm shown a popup telling me "Unable to create request file." I've checked for the antivirus program having The Downloader in the trusted programs list. I have also uninstalled the antivirus and installed it again but the error has remained.

Meanwhile I'm a bit desperate as I haven't found any solution for this problem.

If anyone has a sparking idea, please let me know. I'm at my wit's end :-(.

Kind regards

Koronos

Which version of Windows (32 or 64 bit?) are you running on?  Is The DownLoader running with Admin rights?  Knowing when the error pops up in the process may help as well.   You can try looking for and deleting the following files to see if it might help.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Equis\The DownLoader\Tickers.dta

C:\Program Files (x86)\Equis\The DownLoader\Data.dta

C:\Program Files (x86)\Equis\The DownLoader\Report.dta

C:\Program Files (x86)\Equis\The DownLoader\Colrept.dta

koronos  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:03:57 PM(UTC)
koronos

Hi

I run Window 7, 64 bit. The error occurred after I had clicked ok on the Select Securities window and on the Vendor Selection window.

Meanwhile I've started The Downloader as administrator and it works as it's supposed to do. I had never run it as administrator before and it had performed properly. Wondering what happened.

Kind regards

Koronos

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:32:45 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
It's hard to say for sure. Changes to the Windows User Account Control settings may impact this. Generally speaking, Windows 7 protects files/folders in the Program Files (x86) location and will not allow these areas to be modified unless you are accessing this folder as an administrator. You can change this permanently for the DownLoader by right-clicking on the DownLoader shortcut, clicking Properties, clicking the Compatibility tab, and enabling the checkbox to Run As Administrator and click Apply/Ok.
Mariana121  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:50:09 PM(UTC)
Mariana121

Hi! Which antivirus do you use? I saw a similar problem on the https://antivirus-review.com/ with Avast described. But there can be a problem with Windows as well. If you can write which antivirus and version of Windows you have, I think I can help you.
StevenBrown  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 7:26:57 PM(UTC)
StevenBrown

For windows, i always recommend Avast. It almost cover all the basic security requirements and if you feel to go for more advanced features then again Avast is the best option for many reasons specially as it provides you with some amazing security features and great support. Most people think Windows Defender is  good enough in free plan but If you compare avast with Windows defender or Mcafee and Avast you will also get better understanding between the features and why Avast is better option in all versions weather paid or free,

Edited by user Sunday, July 26, 2020 5:12:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified