logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PTJim  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2014 10:45:03 AM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
For symbols without enough data history, I frequently get the "Custom Indicator Math Errors" box pop up when loading the chart in MetaStock 11. There's an option to "Keep this indicator in the chart" and another sub-option "Don't show future errors for this indicator in this chart" as well.

I routinely check both; I *never* want my indicators removed or modified, yet MS11 seems to just ignore this and reopens the error box for each and every indicator that has a problem, every time.

Has this option ever worked for anybody? I'd like to permanently kill this error box because I don't need it, and it wastes a tremendous amount of time trying to get some of my layouts opened. Is there a way to universally turn off this notification once and for all?

Thanks, gang.
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:11:47 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi,

The check boxes you mention only affect the chart while opened. Closing and re-opening the chart resets these formula warning options. This is more beneficial to someone with real-time data as each time a new tick of data comes in it would re-trigger the Custom Indicator Error unless you check those boxes.
PTJim  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:05:12 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Okay, thanks for the reply, but it seems utterly useless to anybody w/o realtime data. Misleading, too, in that it implies it's a one-time question if I check the box.

I *NEVER* want to delete indicators if the amount of data is insufficient; I ignore them. If I didn't want them in, I wouldn't have put them in. I just reopened a bunch of stocks in one sector and had to respond to that bloody question about a dozen times just to see my charts. And I have to do that every single time.  As a matter of fact, I'm having to do it RIGHT NOW, as I try to load a 48-chart layout of both weekly and daily charts.  Instead of them opening in the background while I'm on this website, it stops every 3 or 4 charts and waits for me to click "Ok", over and over and over and over (every Weekly chart demands 4 clicks!).......Grrrrrr.

After 13 versions, one would think MetaStock would at least have "Do this for all" or "Cancel all" functions so I don't have to click for every single chart, every time. Instead of fluff like Forecaster, what we really need is a smoother and more-efficient user interface, in many ways. Like having Tile be able to sort on Symbol in addition to Name, for instance.

Do the people who design and code this product ever both to actually USE it on a regular basis?  So many little awkwardnesses should have been fixed several versions ago.  I really hope you can get this product back on track for Version 14; I'm on 11 and will stay there (or move to another platform) if local data support doesn't return.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:38:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Anybody there use MetaStock?