logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Advantage  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 1:55:41 PM(UTC)
Advantage

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Has anyone tested or used the ETS Trading System? I am trying out ETS 2.1 Trading System using MS13. Would appreciate any comments on pros and cons. Thanks
nasdaqtrader  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:47:08 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Advantage,

In response to your post regarding ETS Trading System, I love this add-on and have been using it for the past two years now. My accounts are up 150% and 186% for 2013 so far.

At times it gets you out too early I have seen this year in some o my stocks, and sometimes it gets you out beor the stock drops down. Like any system ther is no holy grail that will be correct 100% of the time. I really like this add-on and I use it with MetaStock 11 and 12 currently. I upgraded too MetaStock 13, but so far have not used it wil be very soon.

Did you check out the webinar on the ETS system? if not I get get you the linl to watch the webinar.

What type of trader are you End o Day or Intraday trader? Which asset class do you trade ?

What are your thoughts on MetaStock 13? Pros and Cons.

How long have you been using MetaStock? Any othe platforms do you use?

Regards

Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
Advantage  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 9:32:59 AM(UTC)
Advantage

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick and thorough response. I did watch the webinar and what impressed me most is that it was done during the crash in late 08, early 09 and Michael Mermer was pretty calm about the whole thing and just showed the indicators.

I am an Canadian EOD trader and currently only doing ETFs. I like the signalling I am seeing because I am not looking to trade real often. I especially like that the ETS recommends your Stops, Initial and Extended Profit Targets.

I have used Metastock for a long as I can remember ...probably close to 20 years.

I upgraded to MS13 (from MS11) when they had $99 sale on for Black Friday.

CONs: I was interested in the Forecaster but it's pretty basic and they only allow it to be applied to their list of indicators. The flame they show is pretty wide and no specific target values are given.

PROs: charts are updated with the current daily data ever 20 minutes after the hour during the day, so that is interesting.

I can update you on trading with ETS as I get more experience with it.
nasdaqtrader  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:32:15 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Advantage,

Yes, I did the same and upgraded on the Black Friday Sale for the Pro version at $149.00.

Also like on the EOD version that charts are updated with the current data ever 20 minutes after the hour during the day.

I would really like to hear from you on your trading with ETS, to see how well it works for you plaese keep me posted on your trading with the ETS Trading System.

I will do the same with my trading on the stock side on trading with the ETS Trading System.

Myself, also like the feature within the ETS Trading System the Protective Stops, Initial Profit and Extended Profit Targets; I think that is really great so you can manage your trades alittle more easier.

Are there any other add-ons, that you currently have and use, also are you looking to obtain any other add-ons?

Thank You

Advantage  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:35:09 AM(UTC)
Advantage

Hi nasdaqtrader

I am not trying any other add-ons at this time,,. I have used the RMO a bit and it seems OK, but trades a bit too frequent for me. I considered ICE as it would build an optimizer for each security. It takes a totally different approach to the ETS. Seemed like a lot of effort to implement on a security . so for now, it's on the back-burner.

Best regards,

Advantage

nasdaqtrader  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:14:58 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Advantage,

Do you still trade using the RMO system? Everyone seems to love the RMO even the team at MetaStock has always stated everyone loves using the RMO tarding system.

Advantage  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:57:31 AM(UTC)
Advantage

I am looking at the RMO but have not traded with it.
nasdaqtrader  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:50:21 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Advantage,

The RMO will keep you in some trades alot longer than the ETS system. Also both systems are a trend trading system.

For instance I traded this year RMTI Bought the stock on 6/20/13 @ $3.886 and sold it on 9/20/13 @ $8.95 from the ETS system after the stock ran up to over $12.00 and the RMO kept you in on the trade and the ETS had you get out at $12.00.

I also like the RMO system, but looking to get more up to par with candlesticks, because candlesticks give you more story on the asset class you trade than bar charts.

Regards,

nasdaqtrader  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 12:22:36 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Advantage,

I'm checking in with you it's been now 2 years since my last reply would like to know how your trading is going using the ETS trading system. Are you still using the ETS add-on with MetaStock? or have you moved onto a new trading platform? I'm currently looking at Esignal to use. Metastock is kinda behind the moon especially no broker interface, I see that there staff has been reduced.

xavierbaez  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 3:27:28 PM(UTC)
xavierbaez

I use MotiveWave. It has broker interface but not good technical analysis. So there is no perfect package. MetaStock is more to analyze charts. I buy/sell using the iOS app of thinkorswim anyway. So I enjoy using MetaStock just for the chart technical indicators.