logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John S  
#81 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 9:40:13 AM(UTC)
John S

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

By no means are we leaving the retail market. In fact, we rely on the retail market to drive our innovation more so than the institutional. This will especially be the case going forward as we are now well positioned with new resources to advance MetaStock.

Our decision to move away from local data access was primarily driven by the fact that data maintenance was by far the biggest frustration and headache for many customers. While I can't make any promises, we may be reconsidering this by reintroducing local data support in some form in future versions.

--john slauson
liberty55  
#82 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:30:32 AM(UTC)
liberty55

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Is it really wise to stop selling version 11?

Some retail investors are looking for upgrades, also because of new OS.

John S  
#83 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:52:51 AM(UTC)
John S

We don't claim to have a lock on wisdom, but we think this is the best direction to take right now with MetaStock. One of the reasons is that the Pro real-time datafeed, QuoteCenter, is being end-of-lifed in a year or so. In fact, it was supposed to go away next month initially. This has been postponed a year.

The combo of XENITH and the datafeed are light-years ahead of QuoteCenter. I could argue that the benefits of upgrading to MSPro 12 for just the access to XENITH software and datafeed alone is more than worth it. XENITH's bread and depth of coverage is un-matched in the retail space. I would even stack it up against a Bloomberg Terminal...at 1/10 the cost <end of sales pitch>

--john
TurtLe03  
#84 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 9:19:17 AM(UTC)
TurtLe03

John,
This is my first post to the forum. I have used metastock since '95. The forum has greatly expanded since I first looked at it many years ago.
I too an disappointed in the loss of multi sources for data and the loss of access to local data. These two features were very important in my decision to purchase metastock and my decision to look elsewhere now. I have several stock funds that I must enter data for manually. The open, hi, lo, close are not available on datalink, nor other data source that I can find. Local data was the only way to provide access to analysis in metastock. Local data also allowed me to perform analysis offline, a capability lost with MS12. I will be moving from my MS11 EOD to a software program with options capability in the next 3 months and unfortunately must eliminate metastock from my list of candidates.
John S  
#85 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 10:47:44 AM(UTC)
John S

I understand your frustration. You're not alone. We may do something about this...but as I've said before I can't promise right now.

What are the names of some of the funds you are trying to get data for?

Thanks.
TurtLe03  
#86 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 3:40:50 PM(UTC)
TurtLe03

Those particular funds are offered in the federal employee retirement plan the S-Fund, F-Fund, G-Fund, and an international fund among others. Metastock EOD was useful in making decisions about re balancing and changing the fund receiving new contributions.
John S  
#87 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 4:53:50 PM(UTC)
John S

I looked these up in XENITH. The appear to be managed by Blackrock. And only a NAV price is reported so this would be an open ended fund right?

Is this the S-Fund you are referring to? https://www.tsp.gov/PDF/formspubs/SFund.pdf

If so the symbol in MetaStock is USMIX.O