logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lachlan  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 6:08:57 PM(UTC)
Lachlan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

OS: Windows 7 x64 Professional, fully updated with Microsoft Security Essentials running. Installation is on the Administrator profile, and the install executable was ran with administration privileges. I am trying to install MS 11 on my fathers laptop to no avail. Initially, running setup.exe from the CD did not start the installation. After running in safe mode and ending any 'unnecessary' processes I was able to start the install. It gets ~90% when the following error is displayed: “An error occurred during the move data process: -119 Component Microsoft Shared DLLs File Group: Shared DLLs -SelfReg File: C:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll" Based on information from these forums and others users troubleshooting advice I reinstalled MS XML, used REGEDIT to give each major key (HKEY_Local Machine etc) full control and read access, and also used regsvr32.exe to successfully register the MSXML4.dll in the system32 and sysWOW64 directories. This was unsuccessful, I have also tried running setup.exe with Windows XP compatibility with no result. Any further help would be appreciated. The last resort is to do a fresh install of the OS and try again, but I want to avoid that if possible. Regards, Lachlan
Lachlan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:43:13 PM(UTC)
Lachlan

Official response from Metastock Support. "Unfortunately we are aware of this issue, and we are working on a solution to this. Other than what you have done we do not have a work around to fix this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." Not pleased with this outcome.
Bulli  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2011 10:02:10 AM(UTC)
Bulli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Have you tried running setup.exe with Windows XP SP2 mode?

SP2 in particular.
Lachlan  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:00:39 PM(UTC)
Lachlan

Yeah I tried all of the compatibility options. In the end I did a format + fresh install of Windows 7, then installed Metastock before attempting to install all the MS security updates. Problem solved, although it wasn't the most practical solution.