logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Allthetron  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:06:28 AM(UTC)
Allthetron

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I've been using metastock for almost a year and it is constantly crashing. Every day at least twice a day. I'm using metastock with esignal and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Tech support said it's my computer (2.5Ghz dual core with 4gb or memory) so I buy a new computer. It still crashes. I got metastock and esignal tech support together and they blamed each other. Esignal found a problem with my account and fixed it but metastock still crashes. It crashes at work as well so the internet connection is not the factor. When metastock crashes I check esignal and can still get a quote so I think it's a metastock problem. Metastock says it's esignals problem.

In summary I've used metastock on three different computers, one brand new and the other two have just been reformatted. The only thing running is metastock so no other processes are interfering. It crashes on two different networks. The only thing in common is metastock and esignal.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

vienna  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:17:27 AM(UTC)
vienna

Do you use some AddOns or some External Formulas/dll's ? Do you use intraday or EOD data?
Allthetron  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:57:28 AM(UTC)
Allthetron

I'm not using any add on's or third party software. I'm using metastock to daytrade the q's so I only have four charts open with three indicators (rsi, stochastics and a custom) and a very simple expert advisor.
vienna  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 6:14:37 AM(UTC)
vienna

I tested metastocks with e-signal only for a short period. I didn't have such problems but maybe it depends on the amount of data which is stored or on the operating system. I have tested it with winxp, but it seems that metastock has a lot of "suprises" with vista
mememe  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 12:56:03 PM(UTC)
mememe

hello,i'm having the same problem, did you find a solution? thanks, have a nice day
wiked  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 4:03:18 PM(UTC)
wiked

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

When metastock crashed, did you get any error messages?
Does it seem to crash when you are doing some specific action (like opening a chart or running a system test)

You said you did not have any other programs active. If you look in the windows task manager, how many processes are active?
mark1230  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:20:32 AM(UTC)
mark1230

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

i would suggest you to reinstall it..if you have more problem then contact support