logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hiker  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:35:25 PM(UTC)
Hiker

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

When loading Metastock for esignal, the Equis Data Server gives an error message... Password error: DBC Data Manager reports "DM Startup". Any ideas what causes this?
csbro  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:38:18 PM(UTC)
csbro

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

There is a fix for your issue that the help desk can send you. Unfortunately there is a problem with ICE as it relates to the server that supports ICE and the emails that update your programs. Until they fix that, your new ICE program is worthless. The last we heard there is a fiewall issue that is preventing emails from accessing the server. (As I understand it) Support from Metastock has always been excellent so I assume they will fix the problem once they figure it out. I have had a pending email return for more than a week, so....
Hiker  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:30:07 PM(UTC)
Hiker

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks for the info! More than a week is a long time to be out of operation. I hope they resolve it soon.
Justin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 6:58:33 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

The error is caused by something in the eSignal software. What exactly we're not sure, but it appears to be something of a timing issue. This is something that broke around eSignal 8 (eSignal is up to 10.5 I think now). However, you basically just need to click Ok a couple of times and the Equis Data Server and eSignal Data Manager should successfully start. The only way to avoid seeing this message at this time is to launch the eSignal Data Manager first. Once it is connected, then launch MetaStock.