logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Whitesand  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 9:39:23 AM(UTC)
Whitesand

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Dear Sir, Just fired up my Metastock 10.1, yesterday was ok but awhile ago error message prompted and I cannot start my Metastock. Error message show, on the skin of the prompt dialogue read Metastock License Required and error message indicate File astsrv.exe is missing. Help....me!!! plse.. B. Rgds, T.E
Justin  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 12:07:12 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

While not common, occasionally we have seen this file get deleted from a PC. Reinstallation of MetaStock should put this file back onto the system.

I believe you can also download/unzip the astsrv.exe from the following if you prefer not to reinstall:

http://www.internetactivation.com/ecosystem/customer/Necessary%20support%20files%20and%20utilities.zip

If you have trouble with unzipping the ASTSRV.EXE into your Windows\System32 folder (or Windows\Syswow64 folder for 64-bit OS's) you will likely just want to reinstall MetaStock.
Whitesand  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 7:03:21 PM(UTC)
Whitesand

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Dear Sir, I successfully did it, recover my charts and everything is intact. Thanks much for your support. Really panic when I couldn't open up my Metastock program, much appreciated and thanks again Justin. B.Rgds, T.E