logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wabbit  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 7:02:36 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Normally I dont use real time data, I use EOD data instead, but, today for the first time there was a stock that particularly took my interest, which I wanted to watch live throughout the day. So I started my MS 9.1 Pro with QuoteCenter, watched the splash screens for the MetaStock File Server and Equis Data Server appear and disappear, and MS finally opens. All is well so far.... Then I choose to open a file, select QuoteCenter as my realtime data provider, select the ticker I am interested in au;VCR then select the intraday periodicity of 5 minutes and finally click open. I then am presented with a blank chart and an error message "Unable to add the security to the online cache". Well its beaten me! How can I resolve this problem so that I can see the real time data from QuoteCenter? Any help is appreciated - although an experienced EOD MS'er, this RT stuff is new to me. wabbit :D P.S. I can open my locally stored EOD data and do all the things I normally do. There is no problems with templates, charts, indicators, explorations etc... just the RT data feed. P.P.S. I also tried a COMPLETE un-install and re-install.... with no change in the problem
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 9:14:58 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I don't subscribe to the au securities, but have you tried to clear the cache? I don't know if this is deleted when the program is uninstalled. You can safely delete or backup and delete 'C:\\MetaStock Data\\DataOnDemand Cache'. Check TOOLS | REALTIME | CONFIGURE SERVER | FILE UPDATES and make sure you don't have anything listed there. Can you pull up any RT data at all? Anything else in RT aside from VCR? Have you tried to pull it up in the QC application? You might try to see if you can pull it up in Marke[censored]ch... as a double check for your RT data stream.
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 9:36:03 AM(UTC)
wabbit

g_stockman wrote:
I don't subscribe to the au securities, but have you tried to clear the cache? I don't know if this is deleted when the program is uninstalled. You can safely delete or backup and delete 'C:\\MetaStock Data\\DataOnDemand Cache'.
OK. Deleted the folder. Opened MS and the folder gets automatically rebuilt (I guess this is normal)
g_stockman wrote:
Check TOOLS | REALTIME | CONFIGURE SERVER | FILE UPDATES and make sure you don't have anything listed there.
Checked there. There is nothing listed in the text box.
g_stockman wrote:
Can you pull up any RT data at all? Anything else in RT aside from VCR?
Couldn't open anything from the NYSE or NASDAQ, or Singapore Exchange. So I guess the answer is, no I cannot open any other RT data.
g_stockman wrote:
Have you tried to pull it up in the QC application? You might try to see if you can pull it up in Marke[censored]ch... as a double check for your RT data stream.
Not that I am pro with this applicaton either, but when I open the Marke[censored]ch I get responses from the server of NFND for all the US stocks and NAUTH for all the Australian stocks. I am guessing the NFND is "not found" and the NAUTH is "not authorised" Now, this is strange because when I installed this for the first time, (some time ago) I COULD infact see all the Australian Stocks??? Maybe its a data subscription problem after-all?? Now how to correct that? wabbit :D P.S. Perhaps someone from Equis Sales/Marketing might liek to drop me a PM?
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 10:06:18 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

That sounds right to me... Equis sales needs to get you going again... probably just a toggle button on someone's screen to fix the problem. Sorry. I knew you had already tried everything I could come up with, but I didn't want your post to just sit idle.
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 9:43:20 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

W, did this ever get sorted out?
DOC  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 9:49:36 PM(UTC)
DOC

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

If you would like to call, chat or email sales or support with your account information they could look into this. Sounds like you have not signed up for real time data feed. Regards Doc
wabbit  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 12:54:50 AM(UTC)
wabbit

g_stockman wrote:
W, did this ever get sorted out?
Have sent email to sales. Awaiting response. (damn International Date Line and Time Zones!!!!) wabbit :D
wabbit  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2006 1:00:07 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Many thanks to Kelly and the whole Equis Sales team who promptly sorted out my problems. wabbit :D