logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:06:11 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

last day of rifle season here, not much moving..... seemed like a good time to cleanup and cleanout some folders on the ole laptop.... quickly reminded why priscilla won’t let me help clean house.... appears cleaned abit to much..... somehow deleted my ‘bobbyfisher’ version of the ‘dia’ security..... dang’it..... somewhere i’ve posted instructions on how to undelete the deleted..... that trick relies on not having shut down your computer..... to conserve battery this morning i shut down several times..... so it’s checkmate for bobby.... well, no not really.... long ago patrick mentioned backing up everything.... which i do routinely.... so as soon as i'm back at the house , with the help of a backup cd all will be forgiven.... if you aren’t sure if it’s deleted or just might be somewhere else, you can use the ‘find local security’ under tools..... the value in that is not finding ‘csco’ in the nasdaq 100 folder, we know it’s there, but often when a chart is saved we might save it in some off the wall folder, or at least i do..... the search will turn up every ‘csco’ on your computer..... normal searches will display results as they are found, this metastock search finds them all first then lists all at one time..... something to consider is typing in the name also, which will reduce the returned results...... so if your looking for agilent technologies don’t just put ‘a’ in the symbol section..... doing so will return every symbol that contains an ‘a’..... type in the name also.... have you ever noticed that the open folder in the online version differs slightly than the offline version.... both are handy for adding or editing securities..... and if you're wonderin if there really was a missing bobbyfisher chart..... yes, named out of respect for the man himself..... he used to write chess articles for boys life magazine and was one of my childhood hero's.... thank's bobby where ever you are.....h
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 4:50:01 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Umm, yea, what he said. H, you tongue-tied devil... 'It does not contain the 'new symbol' option. It does contain the 'new symbol' option.' LOL! :P
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 6:30:56 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey g.... fixed it, thanks.... was typing while watching one of my favorite movies, sam peckinpah's 'the wild bunch'.... have only seen it 30 times so you'd think i'd be able to do both .... appears not..... speakin of wild bunch, bet marilyn will fit right in the interbank fx bunch..... and if big ben breaks next week, we'll know john cougar mellancamp was right.... she can stop a clock.....h
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 4:26:01 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) Still the noisiest person here... I am hoping to change things but they are all so shy, nice and quiet!!! :) BTW - I am betting on Big Ben breaking right now. :) Down $4 in my account but that's an acceptable loss. Will let you know! (as I type I have returned to 0 - now let's see it move my direction!!!) :) M