logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
konrad  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:10:18 AM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

[color=blue:a0839434da]I try to instal Norton system works on my brand new laptop and after instalation software laptop is slow... real slow...I have AMD turion 64 proccesor, 1028 mb ram I have to wait at least 1 minute to open any programs, is that software contain error,bugs any opinion about this software? ( no virus found on this software) this is a brand new software that I purchase on bestbuy. is somebody have the same problem with this software? also with one is bether antivirus, Norton or Avast home edition?[/color] [color=orange:a0839434da]also if I have windows xp home edition can I upgrade only few futures from Windows xp pro edition like remote desktop? [/color]
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:57:59 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
K- I've used Norton from the beginning, but it does have some problems. The only thing that takes a while to load in the antivirus component for me... maybe 5- 15 secs. The load time varies. The only other Norton component that I use is Ghost. It loads instantly. All of that internet security stuff is buggy and all the Commander components are redundant and I don't really see why to use them. For purposes of MetaStock, you'll have to disable worm protection or write an exception. You can select which parts of Windows you want installed. Add/remove programs --> add/remove windows components. This is not everything, but it'll get you started. I'd have to dig deeper to find out more. I'm using a full version of Pro on one computer and the full version of Home on another. I've never tried to upgrade Home to Pro... didn't even know that it could be done.
vaughn  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:59:29 AM(UTC)
vaughn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I always thought you could not upgrade from home to pro, but there are a few articles that say otherwise: http://www.5starsupport.com/xp-faq/1-65.htm http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/03/xp_hack I have no idea if any of this works, the links were googled.
sportrider  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:21:58 AM(UTC)
sportrider

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Konrad, Does this software have a firewall in it ?If it does; that might be doing it. I had a similar problem; not with norton but a different software that had a firewall included with it and I had to get rid of it and get a hardware firewall.Hope this helps some.
konrad  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:24:53 AM(UTC)
konrad

Hey G.stockman I will write expection beter than a disable worm protection... I dont want reinstal windows because of worm then.. yes is possible to upgrade xp pro if you have instaled windows home edition... I try to instal windows pro on windows home edition like (upgrade), but my cd is scratch ( and don't read all file I have some file missing ... :roll: (that my little brother job) he design all my cd... :lol: Hey vaughn... thanks for a link hey sportrider No, this software dont have firewall I have other firewall that accept this software to go online...