logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dieselpr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:32:36 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Patrick, I got an email the other day from another forum that is pretty cool. The email detailed a new video rental site that run like netflix but its for trader. Its allow anyone that sign up with them the ability to rent trading DVD,video & tapes like Netflix does for 20.00 a month. Its open to anyone from around the world but I didn't want to post it here unless you gave me the OK first. Its a pretty cool site I can email you the information first if you'd like to review it.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:36:41 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Go ahead that's fine ... Thanks :P
dieselpr  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:00:29 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

I emailed the info to you Pat at Forumadmin you can review it.
konrad  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:35:55 PM(UTC)
konrad

Hey dieselpr , If a Patrick say Ok so go ahead share your link with other people, help our community to grown :D
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:43:39 PM(UTC)
Patrick

diesel, I have not received your email ( Network problems here :( ) ... Go ahead and post it :D Patrick :mrgreen:
Bulli  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:59:32 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Hi everyone, I ran through this link, I think it is the same that dieselpr is talking about. Feel free to delete the link if you think it is not suitable. http://flix.ino.com/preview/ Best regards, Bulli
dieselpr  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:33:48 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Sorry Guys yes the link is http://flix.ino.com/discover/?1355. I've just signed up with them myself so I'll try and make a repost on what I think of them soon.
Patrick  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:36:30 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Hey Diesel I sent you a reply ... But I will post my comments here : They look kinda of spammy and I don't know if I would sign up with them. Please let us know how it goes for you :D Thanks for sharing :) Patrick :mrgreen:
vaughn  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:20:48 PM(UTC)
vaughn

A while back they had a free 2 week trial, might still be there - I don't know. They work just like NetFlix videos. You list the ones you want to view and they are in the mailbox with a day or so. I am Maryland and the post marks if I remember correctly were from PA. - 1 state away so delivery was pretty quick. They have people review the videos and audios {mp3's} so you get more than pitch on the back side of the video. Some of the stuff was ok, most of the vids I got were from the 80's {I can't believe people wore clothes like that - I never did}. Since I was looking for basic info that does not change over time I was OK with most of the content. The major drawback I found was with the quality of the CDs/DVDs. A lot of them would skip and have pictures & sound that could not be viewed / heard. I tried watching them on my PC, Mac, & DVD player {TV} and they would still lock up and freeze part way through. Luckily I was on a free trial or I would really have been steamed. Some of the videos were taped {when people actually used tape to record things} during seminars. They did a lot of their demonstrations on overhead projectors or they would tell the audience they are on page 14 of their handout, handouts do not come with the videos I seen. I wanted to get some code ideas from the data on the overheads - but could not read it on the videos. The audio disks were also recordings from seminars around the country. Again they were a bit dated, but most of the content was relevant and the speakers made points that I never even thought of. Overall it was not bad for me since I am a beginner, but the quality of the media was my major drawback. I have thought from time to time going back and getting a subscription, but just haven't got around to it. One other thing, I have a different e-mail account for everything I sign up for. So when I get an e-mail for equis@..... it better come from Equis. I believe I have seen some e-mails to ino@.... that were not from them... They might have relationships with other companies or own other companies. I don't know. I am not saying they sell e-mail addresses, but I get a fair amount of stuff to ino@... But still for a beginner I think they serve a purpose at least for me.
Marilyn  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:09:55 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

I am going to stray from the topic just a little here... Do the older videos still hold appeal for you all??? A while ago (2001) we did an Online Trading Summit.. HUGE deal! Flew people in from everywhere - produced all sorts of info - blah blah blah.. Also had a series of disks from the breakout session speaches. I have all the interviews... If you are interested perhaps I can beg Patrick to convert them to viewable files for you... Here is the list of stuff... Session 1 - Stone & Steppings, Don Fishback, Oliver Velez, Daryl Guppy, John Murphy Session 2 - John Bollinger, Stan Ehrlich, Jon Najarian, Steve Achelis, Adrrienne Tohraie Session 3 - Larry McMillan, Price Headley, Martin Pring, Steve Nison, Keith Keenan Session 4 - Chris Manning, Tom Aspray, Dr. John Clayburg, Thom Hartle, Oliver Velez Session 5 - Hal Masover, Robert Deel, Chuck LeBeau, Sunny Harris, Larry Williams And the last disk is just interviews... Interested?? <don't tell Patrick... :-$ 8-[ > :) M
konrad  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:19:59 PM(UTC)
konrad

Marlyin go ahead submit it online we would like to see video clips, people learn valuable listen from a video even a proffesional... all the time we learn... :D wow, you guys amazing me real, where I will get all of the information you guys provide in this forum for free? :wink:
StorkBite  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2005 12:19:01 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
This is P operating the video recorder... :smt017 :smt079 This is M adding to the honey-do list! Comeon P... you can do it during your October vacation! Make it a early birthday present.... err, 8-[ isn't M's birthday at the end of the month! hee-hee! :smt043
Patrick  
#13 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2005 2:22:54 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Well I though the new forum would be your christmas present :( ... Damn it, alright I will try to do these during my October vacation :D ( It's coming soon I think I need it :lol: ) Patrick :mrgreen: