logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigroxtar  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 12:13:51 AM(UTC)
bigroxtar

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I was really looking for some advice on the helpfulness of the sites. The reviews seemed vague, and I was hoping for some better reviews. big (See chit chat review sites post for more info)-- but dont go if you dont care, wouldnt want anyone to think this was spam too.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 12:36:51 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey RoxStar, Well you want a review .... Your sites did not have enough content to be helpfull ... Plus the amount of advertising is big problem to me .... Why don you remove some of it and add more reviews/info from people that would make it a lot more interresting/appealing ... Also the "not finished" look on the sites do not make them look like credible sites ... Here are my suggetsions : 1) Remove Half the advertising 2) Add more content ( useful content ) 3) Make the site look like its completed, make it look more professional Patrick :mrgreen:
bigroxtar  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:08:51 AM(UTC)
bigroxtar

I appreciate your time and opinion.
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:12:10 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Are these your sites rox? or are you just looking for help and info? :) M
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:14:25 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No problem, you are welcome on the forum ;) I unlocked your post so we can continue the discussion there ... Patrick :mrgreen:
bigroxtar  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:16:14 AM(UTC)
bigroxtar

They are all my sites. As I receive reviews from users of the different programs/ companies, I post them for the people. Its been a great hobby, and I guess some find them helpful, others, not so much...But all in all, I hope they are helpful. I would list them out so you could see some, but that would probably be considered spam. Try my username with a dot com ending, they all link to one another eventually. If you have any experience with any of these, please send me an email at support@zsn(dot)org. Thanks.
bigroxtar  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:21:10 AM(UTC)
bigroxtar

Thanks Patrick. I would like to know which of the sites have vague reviews. I dont edit them once their given to me, except for spelling errors. But especially if someone has worked with any of these programs before, I would love to know if they had similar experiences. As far as the ads go, they help pay for the sites. However, please do not click on them. All those who read this please note that. I would rather those sites get legit traffic and ad clicks. Coming to you all, is an investment of time. Further, if there are other software companies or investment companies that people woud like to see reviewed, I would love to know what those might be. Thanks. big
Marilyn  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:31:16 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hi Rox... I have checked out your site(s). Here is my 2 cents so take it for what it is worth. It is hard to differentiate what is ads and what is content... At first glance it all looks like ads. I am sure sure have some valuable content here but a number of users may just disregard you because it is too hard to figure out. I also think that it looks like a heavier balance of ads than content. In my opinion - content is king. Make an informational site, build the traffic and THEN ad the ads if you want (no one worry - no ads on the forum! :)) Are these all premier trade sites??? At first glance at the site it is hard to figure out what the story is... Put at the top who you are and what you provide. Let people know they are in the right place... Ok - that's it for me for now! :) M
bigroxtar  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:34:41 AM(UTC)
bigroxtar

They are not all PremiereTrade sites. There are Optionetics, Investools, Wizetrade, and others. Along with non-stock related sites. Try the links at the bottom right of the page. I have had great luck getting email reviews, although I see that the link is sending emails to the wrong place. I fixed the link so that the email is working. As far as ads, see above post. Thanks for your time M. big
bigroxtar  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 3:38:34 AM(UTC)
bigroxtar

You can also try www.eyw.netewed up and I cant fix them right now, so its virtually ad-less. big
StorkBite  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2005 12:39:07 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Big- Really, I think that your request for a 'review' of these sites is beyond the scope of our forum. Historically, we have construed such posts as SPAM without fail. It seems almost miraculous that you have attained the sustained attention of the forum administration here. There are many, many other ways to have the content of your website reviewed in a completely legit manner. Start by setting up a poll on your own sites. BTW, I did not attempt to skew the results of your original poll as you stated to me privately, but rather draw your attention to what it was that you were doing. A subtle, yet missed point. I visited each of the sites too. I did not see a single link back to Equis, MetaStock, QuoteCenter, or any other financial software platform, or any brokerages, or anything remotely like that. I did however find links to 'the southbeach diet', 'high speed internet', 'the ULTIMATE stock investing tool', 'help the hurricane victims', 'ads by google', and links between your own sites. In addition, there are various blank placeholder graphics scattered amongst the sites that nullify any sincere attempt at providing any type of service; one site even fails to load the main graphic (xyb). Step back and think about this for a second. You are seeking to direct the financially savvy... as a hobby?! Who would want to spend 2 seconds on your sites much less their hard earned dollars? If you aren't seeking the savvy, then you are just another venous flytrap reeling in the unsuspecting. I don't think that your post is malicious, but I do think it is in the wrong place. Please, understand that SPAM comes in all shapes and sizes. It is my responsibility to help discern the difference. In this case, I stand by my original statement. Indeed, you are always welcome to join in the Equis-related discussions here! If you are not familiar with Equis you might start with a visit to the Equis homepage. Thread locked. Second warning.