logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2005 6:09:09 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I've been using a P4 1.2Ghz system with XP Home as the OS to run Metastock Pro. My college student son needs a new computer so I'm going to give him one of my older computers and purchase a more powerful computer for myself. I am seeing a lot of AMD based systems at very good prices but I know nothing about the relative desirability of AMD products. My local geek at CompUSA recommends an AMD Athlon 3500+ as an alternative to (if not in preference to) an Intel P4 630 processor. AT the big box retailers I'm seeing alot of apparently good Athlon based systems with MS Media Center OS. So, my questions are; Will Metastock Pro (9.1) run as efficiently on an Athlon as a P4? How would you spec a new system to maximize value and performance (processor, RAM, video card/RAM, OS, Etc)?
Jose  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2005 6:30:45 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Mark wrote:
My college student son needs a new computer so I'm going to give him one of my older computers and purchase a more powerful computer for myself.
Hey... don't be mean :cry: Let him have a speed demon PC so that he can keep up with other gamers... :D jose '-
Mark  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:05:39 PM(UTC)
Mark

Jose wrote:
Mark wrote:
My college student son needs a new computer so I'm going to give him one of my older computers and purchase a more powerful computer for myself.
Hey... don't be mean :cry: Let him have a speed demon PC so that he can keep up with other gamers... :D jose '-)
Jose, Please quit trashing up the forum with nonresponsive sophomoric comments. I doubt other people care to sort through useless traffic any more than I do
trader28  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:20:24 PM(UTC)
trader28

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

AMD Athlon 64 based computer, cheaper, faster, cooler and more stable, do not under any circumstances go with the new Pentium 4's, terrible chips
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:21:48 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quote:
Jose, Please quit trashing up the forum with nonresponsive sophomoric comments.
Actually Mark, this is a MS forum, not a Dell/Gateway forum. As far as contributions go, Jose has you beat 100x over. So, if you don't like his responses, maybe you should go to some place where you can get the help you need. Other than that, a simple THANK YOU would be appropriate. The General Forum that you posted this question into is designed for questions related to Trading software, MetaStock, Investing, Stock Market, Technical Analysis. I've moved it the area where it belongs: ChitChat. <Moderator>
kanellop  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2005 9:05:49 PM(UTC)
kanellop

Dear Mark, Hello. My opinion is to use an Intel Processor, also not Celeron. Also i suggest to use a very fast Serial ATA Hard Disc at 10000 RPM.Exist Hard Disc of Western Digital in Storage of about 36.7 GB. Also try to buy a RAM at or above 1GB. George K.