logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
byronsherrard  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:18:22 PM(UTC)
byronsherrard

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, I have recently update my MS 9 EOD for MS 9.1 Pro from Quotecenter. I am trying to get local data to update in real time. I have spoken to MS technical help and they told me to do the following, which i have: To load the list of securities (400....takes a long time) into quotecenter in the periods i want (5 min), then once they have all loaded to close all the securities and then into the downloadee, select copy,go into the data-on-demand-cache,select all the securites and them copy them to alocal file. This all works fine and the file updates in real time but the problem is it takes longer to open the securities in the local file than to open them quuotecenter and it just seems way to slow for local data, i have got am expert advisor attached (one of my own). The way i trade is as follows: I would update telechart 2005 2 hours before the closing bell and then every 20 min after that, then i would export a group of securities into MS9 EOD. I would then run an exploration on this group and look for buy signals. Then enter trades on the securities that met my rules before the close of day. The group of securities i use is added to or changed fairly constantly (obtained from investor bussiness daily's web site). As you can see this was a very long way of doing things so thats why i have updated to real time software. If any assistance could be given as how to achive the same results using MS9.01 Pro would be great. Ideally I would like to have one list (+/- 400 securities) that updates in real time that i can run explorations on and view the charts with some speed......... Any ideas. :D Thanks for the help. :lol: Byron
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2005 5:05:52 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Byron, Sorry for not replying earlier :D Alright to all intraday users who have just started to use MetaStock ... MetaStock is not meant to help users store s*** loads of intraday data on their computer :D. If it was up to me I would remove this update local real time folder option out of metastock. Why? Well first because it is too much data and too much load for any computer. Do you guys use data servers at home? ( Don't tell me you have dual processors blah blah .... Data centers use 2 million dollars machines with 64 processors etc ... So yes you may have a good computer but it is not enough ) Some might tell me that metastock is not as good as {software name here}, well you are right because metastock only allows real time updates so you can't download historical intraday data the way you would from telechart 2005. And that's maybe were metastock is at fault but at least now you know why. To go back to your question Byron :D
Quote:
I would update telechart 2005 2 hours before the closing bell and then every 20 min after that, then i would export a group of securities into MS9 EOD. I would then run an exploration on this group and look for buy signals. Then enter trades on the securities that met my rules before the close of day. The group of securities i use is added to or changed fairly constantly (obtained from investor bussiness daily's web site).
Well in metastock when you run an exploration on data on demand, Metastock gets the most current data automatically (maybe a few minutes delayed depending on how many securitiesyou explore). So I would create an online list of favorites that you would start scanning every 20 minutes starting 2 hours before the end of the day. I hope this helps Patrick :mrgreen: