logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rhone  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2005 9:51:51 PM(UTC)
rhone

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I would like to have a template that has the daily and weekly chart of same security in different windows so that I can apply it to any security I load. In addition, I would like to use it to scroll through a security list. I am sure it can be done, any ideas?
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2005 11:25:23 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Look at pp. 89-102 in your User's Manual. This is one possible way: Select auto-tile from the toolbar; Open your smart chart; Change periodicity to Weekly; FILE | SAVE AS *.chart; Open your smart chart again; Change periodicity to daily [if needed]; Arrange windows to taste; FILE | NEW | LAYOUT | ADD ALL | OK; FILE | SAVE AS | *.template. Click on the arrows in the lower right corner of the screen to page between securities.
drobato  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:36:39 AM(UTC)
drobato

I have some confusion related to this thread. After doing per g_stockman's instructions I find that if I draw lines on the chart/layout and then try to save it, it seems to not be able to save it as a SmartChart. I guess it is now a layout not a SmartChart? The trouble I have is I want to do the following: Save a bunch of these charts/layouts in my favorites folder under something like "Current Holdings", mark them up and then flip through these daily, perhaps making new lines etc. on them to indicate my current stop position etc. My experience is that when I try to use the "next security" button at the bottom of these charts/layouts saved as layouts rather than SmartCharts I do not get the next security in my Favorites/Current Holdings directory. Instead I get the next security in (Reuters) alphabetical order from the one I'm currently looking at. This is frustrating...is this what's supposed to happen or am I doing something wrong? TIA!
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:06:01 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quote:
I do not get the next security in my Favorites/Current Holdings directory
Hey Drobato- You can select securities that are in the same directory as the original chart that you saved to the layout. To see the securities that will page through your layout, click the button on the bottom right of the chart (to the right of the 'next security' button). Also, look at pp. 45 & 92 in your User's Manual. This will help you if you are interested in maintaing your line studies or using different time frames. The F1 help has a lot of info too. It sounds like maybe you just need a template for the securities that you are looking at. This will load the smart chart with your indicators and line studies and automatically save changes you make to the chart. You can page through the securities the same way.