logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roumano  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:21:34 AM(UTC)
roumano

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

is there any way import in to metastock version 9.01 .dat files created with the version 7.xx? When I try to open the files in the Downloader of the version 9.01, I get the message: Files are a not recoqnized format. Any help will be apreciated
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:52:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well You can't copy/import dat files like that ...Your program should be able to recognize them just fine as long as you did not move them or delete some other files in the folder. Are you trying to import these from a backup?
roumano  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:15:57 AM(UTC)
roumano

Hi Patrick, in fact is a bit more complicated: I am the IT guy of a Finacial Services Company, and one of the guys in here uses Metastock. He have installed on his desktop computer the Metastock version 7. and on his portable computer the Metastock version 9.. He wants to be able to share in some way the files he create with the Metastock 7 from his desktop PC, so that to be able to open the .dat files from his portable PC using Metastock version 9. I create for him a share to a server, and he copy/paste the folder which contain the .dat files created with Metastock version 7. But he is still not able to open that files from Metastock 9, and the error message is : Files are a not recoqnized format. You have any magic trick for a scenario like that ?
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:19:27 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How did the files get to the shared folder? If you guys just used explorer and copied them, it won't work. I would delete the shared folder and recreate a new one. Then from the desktop pc open the downloader and click on tools, copy , securities, and copy the securities to the shared folder this way. Now my question is why doesn't he use 9 on both computers? You know he has the rights to install his MetaStock 9 on his laptop and his desktop ... Patrick :mrgreen:
roumano  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2005 5:20:36 AM(UTC)
roumano

Patrick , I think that you found the mistake we did: we just used copy/paaste in the Windows Explorer. I will go do the things now the right way and I will keep you posted. Thanks a lot, and I hope this will be the end of my problems with the Metastock
roumano  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2005 6:19:56 AM(UTC)
roumano

Problem solved, thanks to you, Patrick. Tons of thanks, you where right, after we copied the .dat files using the downloader, all work just fine.