logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
garykong  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:22:05 AM(UTC)
garykong

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Dear All, I am new to MS using real time vendor. Here are some problems that I face: 1) Problem in Displaying Sub-hourly Chart I use the program to view the HK stock future market which opens 9:45 am in the morning and 2:30 pm. For example, when I display a 5-min and 5-min chart while the market opens. The first bar only display the first min of trading, but not a complete 5-min or 15-min duration. How can it be resolved? 2) Problem in displaying the daily chart for current day before trade close When I view the daily chart using the minute data (before the market closes), it does not display the current date price bar and only display yesterday's price bar. How can I enable it to view it? Gary
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2005 5:20:29 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey gary..... pertaining to part 2 of your question, do the prices not work on all securities or just futures..... if not then you might check your window settings.... right click on the title bar, on mine its blue with the security name and price..... the top selection should be 'chart window properties'.... click it .... under chart options , all boxes should be checked..... now look under 'title', are 'last price and 'periodicity' selected.... if ya didn't follow , holler back and i'll post it better......h
garykong  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2005 3:57:31 PM(UTC)
garykong

Hi Hayseed, Thanks for your advice. Well, the problem two actually did not exist as I look at the chart during lunch time when the market closed. Thanks .... But, I experience another type of problem when I convert the historical daily data into metastock data files using the "convert" function under Downloader. The data files are ASCII text provided by my real-time data provider. As there are more than 2000 securities under Folder H. The Downloader Convert function seems unable to recognize the individual securities after a serial of days, e.g. say by six, seven month of daily data (sometimes just right after one day!!), it then creates a new folder H-01 on the six month plus one day. It eventually creates periodically new folders H-02; H-03;.....H-06........ It is frustrating to re-do the exercise but fail again and again. Also, the securities under these H-01,.... & H-06, are not identical as there are some future data that expire every month, and some expiring warrants, etc, making it too complicated to combine them (I just know combine manually using "Merge" function under Downloader, but it is too tedious to combine 2000+stocks x 6 time!!!) Anyone can help me resolving it. P/s I am using MS 7.2, not sure if it is the problem or not??