logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
giladbi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2005 12:57:23 PM(UTC)
giladbi

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hi where can i get more info about that? is there is any limit regarding the # of stocks i can track data on realtime?
joetrade69  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 2:28:56 PM(UTC)
joetrade69

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

In the QuoteCenter Help, type in DDE or Excel. Look at Adding Reuters Tools menu and Creating a symbol table...
giladbi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:46:26 PM(UTC)
giladbi

the quote center help is it something on the installation disk?
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:17:54 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
hey gil- R U using QuoteCenter? :?:
Marilyn  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:12:18 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

If you are not.... here is a list of all 700 fields you can use for DDE 8:-) http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=1024 If you are - then I am the new forum moron ... :D
giladbi  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:55:08 AM(UTC)
giladbi

what is the quote center?
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:47:00 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Ahhh.... relocating your post to a place where others can help. :D
Patrick  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:14:11 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
giladbi wrote:
hi where can i get more info about that? is there is any limit regarding the # of stocks i can track data on realtime?
That depends on your data provider. I remember that esignal had a 50 symbol and a 100 symbol package ... Now to find the excel commands, check your help file, there are not that many and it is pretty straightforward. Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:42:34 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Here is what is in the help file: The Equis DDE Server provides a consistent interface for any DDE clients that wish to use security data provided by the MetaStock Data Server (EqDatSrv.exe). Like all DDE servers, EqDdeSrv uses a topic/item pair to designate requested information. The topic is a string containing the requested security, and the item is a string containing one of the following values: Item Name Description OPEN Today's Opening Value HIGH Today's High Value LOW Today's Low Value LAST Today's Last Trade Value TOTALVOL Today's Total Volume YDTOTALVOL Yesterday's Total Volume (futures only) TRADEVOL Last TradeVolume PREVCLOSE Previous Day's Close CHANGE LAST – PREVCLOSE DATE Date of Last Trade (mm/dd/yyyy) TIME Time of Last Trade (hh:mm) OPENINT Open Interest BID Bid Value ASK Ask Value BIDSIZE Bid Size ASKSIZE Ask Size Notes: TRADEVOL may be 0 until the first trade takes place following the initial request for data. Not all items apply to all security types. If an item does not apply to a particular security type the item's value will be 0. Many spreadsheets support DDE links. For example, you can create a "hot" (continuously updated) link in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet by entering the following formula in any cell: =eqddesrv|'msft'!last The previous example would display the LAST value of Microsoft Stock (MSFT), updating the display with every trade. See the documentation for your spreadsheet for a full description of how to specify DDE links. The data provided by EqDdeSrv is raw data. A change in the value of some items, such as BID and ASK, does not necessarily indicate that a trade has taken place. The best indicator of a trade is a change in value of TOTALVOL. If the Equis Data Server (EqDatSrv.exe) is not running when EqDdeSrv.exe is started, EqDdeSrv will attempt to start it. Additional documentation for EqDdeSrv, complete with a DDE client programming example, is available in the MetaStock Developers Kit. As you can see you have to use : =eqddesrv|'SYMBOL'!FIELDNAME That's all there is to it. Patrick
giladbi  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:56:40 AM(UTC)
giladbi

data provider (my broker) and i want metastock to recieve the tick data how do i do that?
Patrick  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:29:12 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Unless your broker provides a real time feed through our data server it won't work. As you can see the dde link is made through the data server. Patrick :mrgreen: