logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doug  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:07:13 PM(UTC)
Doug

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Afternoon All Just wondered if someone could give me a helping hand - I want to test a timed entry and exit system but am unable to get the buy and sell orders to trigger correctly Basically the system takes set an buy entry order 20 pips above the 12noon open and a sell entry order 20 pips below the 12noon open. 40pip stop and closes the posistion at 3pm This is what i have so far Buy Order hour()=12 minute()=00 Limit or stop price = open +20 Sell order hour()=15 minute()=00 opposite for the sell short order But it does not work - i've tried almost every option and am backing my head against a wall - I know the formula must be very simple but am struggling to find it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Regards Doug
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:57:24 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry here is a quick attempt ... Buy Order Cross(C,ValueWhen(1,hour()=12 and minute()=00,C+20)) and (Hour()<15 or (Hour()=15 and minute()=00)) Sell order hour()=15 and minute()=00 opposite for the sell short order Let me know if this is closer to what you wanted. Patrick :mrgreen:
Doug  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:08:52 AM(UTC)
Doug

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Patrick you are a star and your help is appreciated. Now i have worked backwards through the formula i understand alot more about formula construction. The mist is lifting and i thank you for that. Keep up the great work Regards Doug