logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tortir  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 4:09:29 PM(UTC)
tortir

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have a couple of questions regarding the system tester. I couldn't find these in the Bible. I have written my own indicator that uses intraday data to return a number at the end of the day. Based on this number from the previous day and from a few days in the past, I want to buy on the open and sell at the close. If I use the ref() function, then I have to count back through many bars to reference CLOSE from 5 days ago. Is there an easier way to get the data from my indicator on the last bar of the day from any day? (I hope this is clear enough). My second question: Is there a way to change the periodicity of a security within the System Tester to something not on the menu, for example - 3 minute bars? Thanks in Advance, Rich
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 4:12:46 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
I have written my own indicator that uses intraday data to return a number at the end of the day. Based on this number from the previous day and from a few days in the past, I want to buy on the open and sell at the close. If I use the ref() function, then I have to count back through many bars to reference CLOSE from 5 days ago. Is there an easier way to get the data from my indicator on the last bar of the day from any day? (I hope this is clear enough).
Answered that yesterday somewhere in the Metastock help ... I will try to find the link and post it here.
Quote:
My second question: Is there a way to change the periodicity of a security within the System Tester to something not on the menu, for example - 3 minute bars?
When select a new periodicity select 1 minue, highlit the one, delete type 3 instead. Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 4:31:27 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Here is the link : http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=954 Patrick :mrgreen:
tortir  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 5:34:10 PM(UTC)
tortir

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks! Also, my indicator computes intraday data, but only provides a result on the closing bar of the day. Is there an easy way to grab that last bar from several days in the past, or will I just need to come up with some formula for this?