logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vaughn  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2005 1:36:19 AM(UTC)
vaughn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I use EOD and would like to be able to see what value would change an expert for the next day. For example if I am watching a chart and an expert is currently a Buy, it would be helpful to know what the next days value would have to be to change that expert to a Sell. This way I can set my stops manually {I don’t have Metastock set up for online trading yet}.
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2005 6:56:33 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I found the best way to do this is to create an Expert Commentary. You code in the entry condition, then write a formula that will show you the values for entry, delayed entry, abandonment for tomorrow. As you read the commentary with the EOD data today, you are ready and set up for the start of trading tomorrow. Hope this helps. wabbit :D
vaughn  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:14:36 AM(UTC)
vaughn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

It is excellent to know it is possible with the current product. I am still new at coding and am wondering: since most EOD calculations are from CLOSE - do you have to have to use a variable for the next day "close" value. Also I am still going through the book and primer, but haven't seen any kind of loop feature. If you do use a variable for the next day close value, how do you step through the many possible values to find what causes an expert to go from buy to sell for instance. Thanks for any info on this. Patrick - if this is already built in to 9, you might want to move this thread out of the "wish list" to someplace more appropriate. vm