logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
theghost  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2005 7:59:39 PM(UTC)
theghost

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello all. Any chance of fitting a button (2 If possible) near the bottom scroll bar or just under the periodicity button, so when I'm looking at daily data, I can click forward one day at a time, or click back 1 day at a time rather than fidgeting with the scroll bar. And of course if the periodicity was switched to weekly data display, you can click forward or backwards one week at a time. This is excellent if say you have hidden the last week of daily data and you want to walk forward click by click, day by day to judge how things pan out and to test yourself, or others etc. And for Presentation work on a walk forward "What's next?" kind of thing. Hope this makes sense Many thanks:-)
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2005 4:38:20 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Alright - Not sure if this is what everyone has been asking about however I just discovered a little something that I wasn't aware of in the past... I know it works in 9 - not sure about other versions. If you have something else will you please test and respond. It is called Learn as you plot (pg 86 of my manual) You can scroll a chart by only a single time period (day, week, month) by holding down the SHIFT key when clicking on a chart's horizontal scroll buttons. To use an IntelliMouse... press the wheel button down and then move the wheel. BTW - some other IntelliMouse actions... Rotate the wheel - scrolls the chart ALT + rotate wheel - scans through cahrts CTRL + rotate wheel - Zoom in / zoom out SHIFT + rotate wheel - changes periodicity. Hope this helps! Marilyn
theghost  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2005 7:43:40 PM(UTC)
theghost

Hi M. Just to say the shift key function is exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks.:-)
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2005 9:45:37 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Nice! :D Glad to be of service!!
Jose  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2005 2:37:47 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A similar quick function that *loads/unloads* one data bar at a time, would be most useful. This would be a true "Learn as you plot" tool. jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com