logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RUAGOODP  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 2:17:37 PM(UTC)
RUAGOODP

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi , Was wondering whether demarks COMBO system can be formulated? I have found a code for it but the problem is resetting the code: setup:=Sum(CCD:= C < Ref(C,-1) AND LRef(setup,-4) AND (Sum(cd,13)=13)) Hope someone can help Rua
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 4:10:00 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
EDITED - Me giving the wrong answer ... :evil: I removed it, to avoid any confusion.
RUAGOODP  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2005 1:51:35 AM(UTC)
RUAGOODP

Hi Patrick, I think your code is for the sequential system. The combo system starts on the first bar of the setup and not the ninth bar. The criteria in addition to c <= ref(l,-2) is L < Ref(L,-1) . So each countdown bar is always less than the previous countdown bar. Does this make sense? Rua
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2005 2:10:03 AM(UTC)
Patrick

My bad, I do remember seeing the COMBO formula. I will have to dig around my work computer and find it tomorrow.
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2005 2:28:24 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Ok I found it, however this is old stuff so you may want to double/triple check it :) setup:=Sum(C<Ref(C,-4),9)=9; CD:= C < Ref(C,-1) AND L<Ref(L,-1); Ref(setup,-4) AND (Sum(cd,13)=13) Let me know if this works for you On a different note, may I ask why you wanted this formula? Because this is some tough criterias its looking for. ( Just trying to get information from you :wink: )
RUAGOODP  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2005 3:10:45 AM(UTC)
RUAGOODP

Hi Patrick, The system finds points of price exhaustion where the probabilities of a quick price reversal is high. I find the Combo much more effective than the Sequential however I have had problems programming it into Metastock. Your code for the Combo is not strictly correct as each bar has to have a lower low than the previous countdown bar. The bars are also not necessarily consecutive. This is where your formula fails. It relates the current low to the previous low and not the previous countdown bar low. Any other suggestions? I have fiddled with the code I posted you but the problem is it keeps looking for bars lower than the previous countdown bar low and does not reset after a countdown of 13 is reached. Hope you can help Rua
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2005 6:59:06 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I'm affraid that our only option is to create our own reset. For example we could limit the time for the COMBO to 60 periods. if it has not happened within 60 periods then we will reset the indicator. I know this is not the answer you wanted but I don't see any other solution,especially if the countdowns do not have to be successive and etc ... Or maybe create a dll with the developpers kit ...