logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisdr22  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 9:41:09 AM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi,

I've been using TDT toolkit for a while, mainly looking at Intraday but I want to look at EOD.

For support and resistance, the toolkit provides Auto Fibonacci, Auto H/L/C, Auto Swing Lines & Floor Trader Pivots. The manual mentions using Auto H/L/C & Floor Trader Pivots for Intraday.

The default charts are quite cluttered with lines and wondered which of the above are best used for EOD trading? I want to create a focused template including just one support/resistance suitable for EOD.

Thanks

Christopher

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 3:11:52 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisdr22 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I've been using TDT toolkit for a while, mainly looking at Intraday but I want to look at EOD.

For support and resistance, the toolkit provides Auto Fibonacci, Auto H/L/C, Auto Swing Lines & Floor Trader Pivots. The manual mentions using Auto H/L/C & Floor Trader Pivots for Intraday.

The default charts are quite cluttered with lines and wondered which of the above are best used for EOD trading? I want to create a focused template including just one support/resistance suitable for EOD.

Thanks

Christopher

Hi,

You may want to contact Barry Burns for any specific recommendations on this (his contact email is on  the next to the last page of the manual). I do know that the Tdt Daily Chart template uses Auto Swing Lines and Auto Fibonacci Lines, but not the Auto H/L/C or Floor Trader Pivots.

You could apply the Tdt Daily Chart template, delete any items you do not want from the chart that opens, then use File > Save As to save your own custom template without the items you are not interested in.

chrisdr22  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 3:33:38 PM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I already changed the TDT daily template and removed lines that I didn't think were relevant - There are several moving averages and it's not clear which ones are good for support/resistance for EOD.

Also, I've tried contacting him several times in the past using that email address, but without success. Eventually, I got hold of someone after using a website contact form. They promised to pass my question onto Barry, but I never heard back. The kicker was that they put my email address into their system and I got promotional emails from barry@topdogtrading.com, but no answer! Is there another way of contacting him?

It's kind of disappointing from the author of a relatively expensive plugin.

Thanks again for your help.

Christopher

thanks 1 user thanked chrisdr22 for this useful post.
MS Support on 8/3/2021(UTC)
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2021 8:41:25 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisdr22 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I already changed the TDT daily template and removed lines that I didn't think were relevant - There are several moving averages and it's not clear which ones are good for support/resistance for EOD.

Also, I've tried contacting him several times in the past using that email address, but without success. Eventually, I got hold of someone after using a website contact form. They promised to pass my question onto Barry, but I never heard back. The kicker was that they put my email address into their system and I got promotional emails from barry@topdogtrading.com, but no answer! Is there another way of contacting him?

It's kind of disappointing from the author of a relatively expensive plugin.

Thanks again for your help.

Christopher

Hi again and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I spoke with our business development manager (who went on a lengthy vacation right when you posted this, unfortunately!) and he did provide some additional feedback:

All indicators for intraday should still work with daily.  The exception should be if you are using TDT-Momentum.  If you are using weekly to confirm your daily charts, you'll want to use momentum 5:1.  Alternatively, you could use the Momentum 3:1 if you want to use a 3-day chart as your confirming time frame.