logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OLMOONDOG  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 7:28:07 PM(UTC)
OLMOONDOG

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello,

Just upgraded from MS10.1 to MS17 two months ago, I'm finding lots of things are the same though different...& I'm determined to learn the new ways (of the trading Force)! dispite others in my group who have previously given up and are trying different programs and still have to learn.

I'm currently, manually, tranfering all my indicators across, almost done, though stuck on the "Security()" function. I've read some forum articales and I'm just not getting it. The file path seems to be the same. "C:\Shares\World Indices\". Though the specific identifier doesn't seem to exist.

I haven't shown the many different combinations of code I've tried writting previously as it has been more than a week trying to solve it myself, where am I going wrong, please Help!!!

What I'm trying to achieve is:

• create an index of my selected 11 world indices creating "My World Index"
  • (the two numbers at the end are China and London as Data Provider dosen't cover them anymore)
  • "My World Index" is calculated by adding the 11 indices close each week and dividing by 11
  • then divide each individual index by "My World Index" factor
  • I then rank them by strength against my world index and anything above 1 is outperforming the group and highest number strongest.
  • I also drop the indicator in an inner window then drop the 30wkEMA, of the indicator(when the line goes pink) on that and anything above the 30wkEMA is considered to be a Hot Market, below Cold.

Here's the code that worked in MS10.1, I've used the DJI as the example:

Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$DJ",C)/((Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$DJ",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$SP",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$NC",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$DA",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$CA",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$ES",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$HS",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$NK",C)+Security("C:\shares\ASX\Indices\XAO",C)+3218.05+5835.5)/11)

Any Help is Greatly Appreciated,

Kindest Regards.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 2:22:22 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OLMOONDOG Go to Quoted Post

Hello,

Just upgraded from MS10.1 to MS17 two months ago, I'm finding lots of things are the same though different...& I'm determined to learn the new ways (of the trading Force)! dispite others in my group who have previously given up and are trying different programs and still have to learn.

I'm currently, manually, tranfering all my indicators across, almost done, though stuck on the "Security()" function. I've read some forum articales and I'm just not getting it. The file path seems to be the same. "C:\Shares\World Indices\". Though the specific identifier doesn't seem to exist.

I haven't shown the many different combinations of code I've tried writting previously as it has been more than a week trying to solve it myself, where am I going wrong, please Help!!!

What I'm trying to achieve is:

• create an index of my selected 11 world indices creating "My World Index"
  • (the two numbers at the end are China and London as Data Provider dosen't cover them anymore)
  • "My World Index" is calculated by adding the 11 indices close each week and dividing by 11
  • then divide each individual index by "My World Index" factor
  • I then rank them by strength against my world index and anything above 1 is outperforming the group and highest number strongest.
  • I also drop the indicator in an inner window then drop the 30wkEMA, of the indicator(when the line goes pink) on that and anything above the 30wkEMA is considered to be a Hot Market, below Cold.

Here's the code that worked in MS10.1, I've used the DJI as the example:

Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$DJ",C)/((Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$DJ",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$SP",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$NC",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$DA",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$CA",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$ES",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$HS",C)+Security("C:\shares\World Indices\$NK",C)+Security("C:\shares\ASX\Indices\XAO",C)+3218.05+5835.5)/11)

Any Help is Greatly Appreciated,

Kindest Regards.

Hi,

I created some test securities in folders you described and was able to plot the formula you posted successfully. Are you getting a specific error message when you try and plot the indicator?