logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
martinlw123  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 6:50:23 PM(UTC)
martinlw123

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I've started using Metastock 16 after many years using Metastock 13 and earlier versions.  When I try to convert MS Legacy files to MS Local format, the Downloader closes and no files are converted.  I follow the directions in "Help" but can't get results.  Any suggetions?  

I installed the version 16 over a version 13 and I also have version 10.1 on this computer.  Sometimes when I do an exploration in 16, the results are shown in the ver. 16 window and on top of that is the results dialog I would have seen in ver 13.  I wonder if the multiple versions I've installed affect my ability to convert the legacy files to MSLocal format.  What explanation would there be for the two different exploration results windows?  

Edited by user Monday, May 20, 2019 4:36:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 9:39:40 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: martinlw123 Go to Quoted Post

I've started using Metastock 16 after many years using Metastock 13 and earlier versions.  When I try to convert MS Legacy files to MS Local format, the Downloader closes and no files are converted.  I follow the directions in "Help" but can't get results.  Any suggetions?  

I installed the version 16 over a version 13 and I also have version 10.1 on this computer.  Sometimes when I do an exploration in 16, the results are shown in the ver. 16 window and on top of that is the results dialog I would have seen in ver 13.  I wonder if the multiple versions I've installed affect my ability to convert the legacy files to MSLocal format.  What explanation would there be for the two different exploration results windows?  

Hi,

Which build of version 16 do you have in Help > About MetaStock within the application? Build 18250 is the latest.

If you are running the latest build of MetaStock 16, it might be worthwhile contacting our support department. If DownLoader is simply closing on you, there might be some error message in the Windows Event Viewer related to this. Successive upgrades of MetaStock should not cause the issues mentioned.

martinlw123  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:27:18 AM(UTC)
martinlw123

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

My Metastock is 16.0.1810801.  How do I obtain the latest build?  I don't see it on your downloads page.  

Meta 16 has been crashing when doing explorations also.  The Windows event viewer does show instances or errors when I've had problems.  I may try unistalling both ver 10.1 and 16 and reinstall.  

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:15:41 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: martinlw123 Go to Quoted Post

My Metastock is 16.0.1810801.  How do I obtain the latest build?  I don't see it on your downloads page.  

Meta 16 has been crashing when doing explorations also.  The Windows event viewer does show instances or errors when I've had problems.  I may try unistalling both ver 10.1 and 16 and reinstall.  

Hi again,

The My Downloads link should have an option to Download and install MetaStock 16 End of Day. This should be the latest version. However, you will want to Uninstall the prior version of 16 before installing the newest build. Uninstalling 10.1 should not be necessary as it uses different files on the drive and different registry entries. I am pretty sure there was an issue with the old exploration report dialogue sometimes showing up that was fixed by the latest build.