logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JRANK  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:25:33 AM(UTC)
JRANK

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

i have meta v 11 , i would like to create a new or edit an existing layout to use occasionally and if possible put it in place of the existing layouts on the bottom of the screen next to the colour charts. i want keep my existing defalt layout, is it possible and if so how, thanks in advance 

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 2:45:11 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JRANK Go to Quoted Post

i have meta v 11 , i would like to create a new or edit an existing layout to use occasionally and if possible put it in place of the existing layouts on the bottom of the screen next to the colour charts. i want keep my existing defalt layout, is it possible and if so how, thanks in advance 

Hi,

Just to make sure I understand, are you referring to layouts or templates? Either one can be configured to display on the custom toolbar at the bottom of MetaStock, although templates will only be visible on the custom toolbar when you have some other form of chart opened.

Smart charts are configured to use the Default template when you first open them, and then they auto-save any changes you make to them when you close them.

It sounds like you might be looking to set up customized templates (which can also be multi-chart templates to form a layout).

1. Click File > Save As... from an opened chart

2. Change the Save As Type field from Chart to Template

3. Give the template a name (and note the location, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Equis\MetaStock\Charts) and click Save

You can then right-click on the custom toolbar at the bottom of MetaStock and go to Custom Toolbar Properties to set up a button for the template.

1. From Custom Toolbar Properties, click New

2. Click the Browse button (Files of Type at the bottom should be set to Template)

3. Navigate to your Charts folder as noted above (or wherever you saved the template to).

4. Locate and double click on your template

5. Walk through the remaining steps to configure the details of how you want the button to display and click Finish

You can do the same thing with a layout or multi-chart template although the steps for doing so will be slightly different (as far as creating a layout and selecting Layout from the File types options).