logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
juanandres67  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 8:51:00 AM(UTC)
juanandres67

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This is my first post in the forum, so bear with me if this is not the correct place to post this question.

I'm trying to install MS11 on a Microsoft Surface tablet type. The operating system is Windows 10 but this has special features to make it work as a tablet and I can seem to be able to install MetaStock 11.

I have it on a normal laptop running Windows 10 and I have no issues, but I'm not able to install it on the table style surface, although any other software I use runs fine.

Any suggestions to make it work?

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:48:41 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: juanandres67 Go to Quoted Post

This is my first post in the forum, so bear with me if this is not the correct place to post this question.

I'm trying to install MS11 on a Microsoft Surface tablet type. The operating system is Windows 10 but this has special features to make it work as a tablet and I can seem to be able to install MetaStock 11.

I have it on a normal laptop running Windows 10 and I have no issues, but I'm not able to install it on the table style surface, although any other software I use runs fine.

Any suggestions to make it work?

Generally speaking as long as they software/hardware requirements are met, installation should work. I would recommend contacting our support directly to see where the problem might be. https://www.metastock.com/company/contact.aspx

chrisdr22  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:19:58 AM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I can't help specifically with Surface or MS11, but I do have MS16 installed on a W10 Lenovo Surface type machine, with a detachable tablet screen.

When you install, make sure to be in full desktop mode (toggle tablet mode off).  I don't know what size SSD you have, but mine is pretty small (256GB) - Metastock needs quite a lot of space for the results folder, and it started to eat into the SSD (50gb at one point).  I copied the folder to an external USB HD used mklink to create a junction link between results folder on the SSD and the USB HD.

juanandres67  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:57:46 AM(UTC)
juanandres67

Thanks Chris, mine isn't too big either, same capacity as yours. I will make sure that I'm completely off the table mode to see if there are any changes.

Originally Posted by: chrisdr22 Go to Quoted Post

I can't help specifically with Surface or MS11, but I do have MS16 installed on a W10 Lenovo Surface type machine, with a detachable tablet screen.

When you install, make sure to be in full desktop mode (toggle tablet mode off).  I don't know what size SSD you have, but mine is pretty small (256GB) - Metastock needs quite a lot of space for the results folder, and it started to eat into the SSD (50gb at one point).  I copied the folder to an external USB HD used mklink to create a junction link between results folder on the SSD and the USB HD.

MS Support  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:27:48 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Regarding disk usage, if you do a lot of heavy optimizing and large date ranges in System Testing, that sort of space usage could occur. You can also periodically Clean your old results up using the "Trade Options" "Clean Now" button.