logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisdr22  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:48:51 AM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi,

I've been examining the new Dave Landry experts and found an odd issue with the Bowtie setup. 

I started looking at the bowtie setups but noted that I didn't see many sell signals compared to buy from the Expert.  To double check, I cut and pasted the buy and sell forumlas from the bowtie expert to make a system test.  The system test showed both buy and sell, but I couln't see the corresponding sell signals in the expert, just the buy symbol.  To test this further, I cut and pasted the formulas into an expert in 10.1 (eod) - In this case the expert showed both buy and sell signals for the same instrument (TSS), whilst MS16 showed just buy with the same formulas.

In the case of this expert, it looks as if the sell formula works in a system test but not when attached to the chart.

Example: If you can test this, take a look at NYSE:TSS (total system services).  According to my bowtie system test,  a sell signal was generated on 30th May, but it is not shown in the expert - however it is shown in 10.1 using the same expert sell formula.

Thanks

Christopher

Edited by user Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:56:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 5:28:07 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, You can also plot the formula as an indicator within MetaStock 16 which will spike to a value of 1 whenever a signal is generated. I am seeing a sell signal in MS 16 for 5/30 with that instrument (TSS). There can be display issues if more than one symbol were true at the same time (in which case its order within the Expert Editor determines display priority). Beyond that we might need to determine if there might be some other display issue going on or some other variation between the test & the chart (retain scale/less data in one vs. the other, etc).
thanks 1 user thanked MS Support for this useful post.
chrisdr22 on 6/15/2018(UTC)
chrisdr22  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 2:45:34 AM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi,

Thanks for checking - I added the sell to an indicator and it does display in the correct place(s).  As you say, it is probably a display issue - I am running it on a hybrid laptop with a relatively small (but hi-def) screen.

At least I am reassured that the formula is working correctly!

Thanks

Christopher