logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whitedolphin  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:47:08 PM(UTC)
whitedolphin

Groups: Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hi Folks,

I want to buy a license of MLDownloader to get the EOD data from Yahoo. I installed an evaluation version and found that error with the message of "cannot connect to internet (time out)". I asked them with email and got no reply. I feel doubt. 

I want to know if How is the program now? Does it works? Does the problems of error in downloading being fixed? 

Thank you very much. 

TradingJournal  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:17:45 AM(UTC)
TradingJournal

Originally Posted by: whitedolphin Go to Quoted Post

Hi Folks,

I want to buy a license of MLDownloader to get the EOD data from Yahoo. I installed an evaluation version and found that error with the message of "cannot connect to internet (time out)". I asked them with email and got no reply. I feel doubt. 

I want to know if How is the program now? Does it works? Does the problems of error in downloading being fixed? 

Thank you very much. 

Hello,  I have also encountered such problem. I also sent them the following queries:

1. Upon opening the MLDownloader, I was prompted with a popup to ask me to select the market that I would like to download the data. However, I would like to know where I can change my selection. May I know where I can make such change?

2. I tried to download historical data in "Download Quote". However, it stated "Finished - Error(s)" - refer to the attached.

3. I would like to know whether the data is completed as I realised that under Singapore Exchange, I could not find a counter named Sanli Environment Limited. I cannot find any Singapore Indexes data as well. Please clarify.

4. As I was unable to download the data, I would like to know whether the data is sort according to its indices, e.g. Blue Chip, Mid Cap, Small Cap etc...

5. I understand that one license allows up to 2 computers. However, in the case of my computer broke down/reformatted, will I be getting back the license?

But no response.

whitedolphin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 12:17:05 AM(UTC)
whitedolphin

Thanks, TradingJournal. 

No reply is my source of hesitation in purchasing a license! 

Upon you inquiries, you may get help from the MLDownloader manual: http://www.trading-tools.com/onlinemanuals/mldownloader%20documentation.pdf

Wish it helps! 

You are using an evaluation version, right? 

#4 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 3:30:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I've used ML Downloader for years, however recently it has stopped working for me, it worked well before, not anymore, probably due to some change somewhere. They probably are not supporting anymore?
PTJim  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 8:56:45 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I'm having the same issues after years of use - since Oct 31st, MLDownloader has encountered more and more errors, now to the point it's not gathering any quote data at all. Repeated emails to Peter, the developer, go unanswered, and a new version hasn't been released for years. Yet, it's still for sale on the product website! If you don't own it, don't buy it until we know if it's going to be a supported/updated product or not.

I downloaded the trial version of Databull as well, and it seems to be having similar problems; its developer hasn't answered two email inquiries as well. And like MLD, it's very much still for sale! Stay away from this one as well for now. WHAT is going on? I assume Yahoo/Google have either changed the tech specs of their quote systems or are making them unavailable, but I wish the devs would update customers and cease offering them for sale if they're not working.

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2017 7:12:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified