logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ravic  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:13:07 PM(UTC)
ravic

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hello,

I am a professional software developer and I would like to be able to read MetaStock 15 - MSLocal files directly. 

Can you please let me know the specification of the MSLocal files/database, or if you have an API which I can use to read these files directly? Yes - I know I can convert them to CSV files and then read the data, but I'd like to read them directly.

I understand that the format is propitiatory, but please consider that there are many opportunities created through sharing as opposed to keeping things hidden.

Thanks

- Ravi

Edited by user Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:16:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ravic  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:32:15 PM(UTC)
ravic

I raised this issue 2 months ago, but have received no feedback from Metastock Support. The reason I require the ability to read MSLocal files/database - is because the conversion is really, really slow, it takes hours for me to convert my downloaded data to CVS. In fact, it takes longer to convert than it does to download. 

I suspect that the conversion is done in a single thread, rather than in parallel in a multi-threaded fashion. Come on guys - lets speed it up by utilising multiple threads! OR please give us the ability to read the files and we'll do our own conversions - please!!

MS Support  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:52:46 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, At this time we do not have such an API available. This is something we are looking into. I am not sure if this will ultimately replace the https://www.metastock.com/partners/developers.aspx page or if we will set up something new. If you like I can send a message to you once I have an update on this.
ravic  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:02:08 AM(UTC)
ravic

Thank you for the update. Yes, please post an update here once you have more info. Many Thanks.

MS Support  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:05:49 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
One other thing. There is a bug in the Conversion process right now that is converting the entire Source file, not simply what is new. It might be that once we resolve this issue (so that we are only Appending new data) that your day-to-day conversion performance will improve. Presently, I do not have any specifics on when our next maintenance update will be released.
ravic  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:19:44 AM(UTC)
ravic

Yes - that would explain why the conversion is slow, and indeed why conversion is so much slower than it was in the previous legacy Downloader version(s).