logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
royttm  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 1:49:12 AM(UTC)
royttm

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Dear All,

Happy day to all with your trading!

I would like to know the way to encrypt the Metastock indicators & Explorer while at the same time, it can still be use.

Anyone able to share how it can be done?

Ragards

Roy

mstt  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 4:34:35 AM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi Roy Use the Organizer tool by opening the Expert Advisor, the Explorer or the Indicator Builder, then click on the Organizer button (on the right hand side). Once open mark the Export formula files button and click next. Cycle through the next 5 windows (System Tests, Explorations, Experts, Templates and MSX DLLs) and mark all files requiring passwords (the only method of encryption that I’m aware of). Advance to the Self Extracting Install window and tick the Self Extracting Installation box. This window and the two that follow allow you to add passwords to the EXE file being generated and or add passwords to Indicators, Experts and Explorations etc. previously selected. Then click the Finish button. The resulting file will be named FOSetup.exe. Run this EXE to install and use your chosen password if required to access the EXE. Existing formulas selected during the process will be overwritten and from then on only opened by providing the appropriate password, assuming this option was selected. The EXE files can be renamed whatever you like - chaning the name does not change the contents of the EXE. To get familiar with the process I’d suggest that you work with indicators or other tools that have no purpose. Or perhaps you should document any files to be protected before you add passwords. That at least gives you the option of deleting files that you can no longer access, and recreate them from your documentation. Roy
royttm  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 2:11:46 PM(UTC)
royttm

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hi Roy (realized Roy replying to Roy :-) ),

Thanks for the steps which I followed and got it to work.

Regards

Roy