logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
viking4020  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:18:50 PM(UTC)
viking4020

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Done an exploration and go to favourites last exploration listing (about 4 securities) . Click on the first security, select open with a template, select the template and open the chart. All ok. I then want to open the next chart from the last exploration list so I click on the next button on the chart toolbar but the wrong chart displays. I press the window icon adjacent to the buttons and it does not have the last exploration list, it has a long list. Sometimes this little window shows the correct list and sometimes not. Don't know where my inconsistency is. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by user Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:22:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:15:24 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, Which version of MetaStock are you running? Does the problem occur if you simply open the Smart Chart vs. opening with a Template? Are you running your scan on Local data or Online/Data on Demand?
viking4020  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:18:14 PM(UTC)
viking4020

Using version 11 with local data (custom folder) stored on a different drive than MS11. Using Windows 10. Have tried both smart charts and saved charts with a template. The thing is though, sometimes it works properly. But I also need to use smart charts with a template so I get the chart setup I'm looking for, don't I?
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:14:46 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Normally should be fine, just wanted to rule out something in the template causing problems. The only time we typically see Next/Previous/Choose Security get messed up is if there is a Layout within the location you're browsing through. When the Next/Previous hits the layout, it changes from viewing the contents of the favorites list to viewing the contents of wherever the layout is calling data from. A couple other things to possibly look for, when the process breaks and you open a security that was not part of the results of last exploration, are you able to right-click on the price data and choose Edit Data? Do you have the ability to use DataOnDemand (via Reuters DataLink)? Beyond seeing anything such as a Chart or a Layout saved inside of the Favorites folder, it could be that the Favorites file is corrupt in some way. If you are willing to lose any favorites you currently have, you could try first renaming the "Favorites.DTA" (Located within C:\Program Files (x86)\Equis\MetaStock) to something like Favorites.OLD and then restart MetaStock. We will create a new favorites.dta file and we can see if the problem persists. If this does not help you could always delete the new Favorites.dta and rename the Favorites.OLD back to Favorites.DTA to restore your old favorites.
thanks 1 user thanked MS Support for this useful post.
viking4020 on 5/14/2016(UTC)
viking4020  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 12:31:52 PM(UTC)
viking4020

I deleted the smart chart folders. Made sure I was using smart charts. Displayed a clean chart and overplayed my standard template. Saved it as a smart chart. Saved it as the default template. Cleaned out the favourites folders and repopulated them with securities. Now the good news... It now all works. Thank you MS Support.