logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
broker1984  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 9:20:18 AM(UTC)
broker1984

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello,

i am using Metastock SDK for creating external Metastock functions. I would like to know if there is a possibillity from inside an external dll to call several others securities, with their prices, so i can manipulate them inside the dll?

In the metastock functions there is a function Security(), which with this you can do what i want, you can call many other securities in a single function, but later you have problem with the character limitations inside the indicator text, for example you can call only 50 other security prices. I want to pass this problem, from doing the same thing from an external dll.

I know that with the MSFL library you can call many different stored securities, for using them to your custom application, but this is different, i want to use them in a function inside metastock.

Thank you.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 10:59:11 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, here was the response I received from one of our formula experts here: "With MetaStock 11 and earlier, using local data, you can do this. This is not possible with Online data. The MS 10 and 11 versions of the MDK have a section on how to open and read msfl data files (not how to write to them, just read them). The DLL would have to either accept a data path as a parameter or be hard coded to look in a specific location."