logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billrobpv  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2016 9:09:34 PM(UTC)
billrobpv

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum.  Currently running Windows 7 home premium, and I recently installed Office2106 64 bit (including Excel 64 bit).  I have used the Downloader for several years, and Metalib5.0 (Trading-Tools.com) to put the Metastock data into a spreadsheet.  Metalib5.0 gives an error message "ActiveX component can't create object".  It will not work with Excel 64 bit, and they do not provide technical support.

Can anyone suggest a product that will export Metastock Downloader files to Excel (64 bit)?  Thanks very much.  Bill Roberts 

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 11:14:56 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, The DownLoader can Convert MetaStock Data into the older Excel (XLS) format. Excel should be able to open these files however, and you could then save it in a newer format if you wished. In The DownLoader, clicking Tools > Convert allows you to start the process. You would set the Source type as MetaStock and the Destination type as Excel. Single or multiple securities can be converted. If you only want 1 security per XLS file, you need to use *.XLS for the Destination Filename and it will create a separate XLS file for each MetaStock security you select in the Source.
billrobpv  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:59:38 PM(UTC)
billrobpv

My first post was not clear.  Metalib runs as part of (imbedded in) my Visual Basic program, so the process is quite automated. I run the program for several symbols, and I specify the number of periods/Weekly/Daily, etc.

The program gets a symbol from a cell, loads the number of days requested, open, high, low, close, volume, then runs technical analysis visual basic software.  I don't have to do anything more than run the macro.

I understand how to use the convert option, but it is not automated.  I need a program that will do that within Visual Basic.  Thanks for the note.  I hope I clarified my request.  Bill Roberts. (And in an Excel 64 bit system)

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:36:48 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Ah okay makes sense. I am not familiar with any such program, although perhaps some sort of application like AutoHotkey might make for an imperfect alternative.
billrobpv  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:30:42 PM(UTC)
billrobpv

Follow up to my earlier post.  I cannot find a solution to my problem that is within my programming skills. If there are any programmers out there that can provide code that will allow me to create a spreadsheet (within Visual Basic) for a symbol within a Downloader Metastock file, I will be glad to pay for the code. Bill Roberts