logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UniversalTrader  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 10:55:16 PM(UTC)
UniversalTrader

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hi everyone - I would be grateful if anyone had this answer - I have spent 30 minutes on this and Googled to no avail. It seems simple, and the answer probably is!

When I open Metastock, I want the FILE/OPEN to open to a different folder that is available now.

So to explain further, I click on FILE, OPEN and it opens up a window with a folder C\Whalleytalk\My Documents\Metastock

The problem is this folder has nothing in it. 

When I click on File..Open,I want the window to open to C\Metastock Data

Does anybody know how to do this? 

Thank you...

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:13:40 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, Which version of MetaStock are you using? Versions 11 and prior more commonly used the File-->Open dialogue to access locally stored MetaStock data. With versions 12 and later, this functionality is primarily used to access Saved Charts and Layouts, and the Power Console is the primary method of accessing data. MetaStock 12 and later do not read this older MetaStock format, although the data can be converted to bring it in.
UniversalTrader  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:52:31 PM(UTC)
UniversalTrader

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hi MS Support - sorry for the delay! I am using V13 Thanks for the explanation - that makes sense re the Power Console. As a matter of interest, the way the folder is being opened is now exactly as I wanted it! I suspect this might be a Microsoft setting - i.e. the more times you open a folder, the greater the chance of an auto default? Take care and thanks again! Regards Peter
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 2:05:47 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Hello again,

Once you've opened something via File-->Open (not just browsed to another folder), MetaStock should remember that as the last folder you were in. We have seen cases where this does not remember, however. I would agree that this likely has something to do with Windows (we've also seen this with older versions of MetaStock as well) but we haven't been able to pin down the exact cause. We've seen other issues related to this as well, such as the Open dialogue keeps opening in an "Icon" view vs. "List" or "Details" view, etc. It may have something to do with Admin rights or being able to update the registry properly as well.