logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greg550  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:59:48 PM(UTC)
greg550

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

I am considering to upgrade from MS pro 13 to MS 14
but I want to make sure beforehand that some of the issues
I have raised in my previous topics have been solved:

1. Can I plot ecostat data with other securities without
getting the " invalid periodicity" message?

2. Does MS 14 fully support windows 8.1 DPI?

3. Has the trendline bug discussed in this topic
http://forum.metastock.c...raday-EUR-USD#post153890 and those videos
been solved?

4. I do understand that the new forecaster allows to draw custom patterns, but is it possible to create also custom formulas inside?

Thank you for your reply,

Greg

Edited by user Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:28:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:50:52 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi Greg,

1. While there were improvements made to certain cross-market charting issues (i.e. how we handle sessions in general has improved) I believe what you are referring to is simply a limitation of the Interval of the Data. For example certain economic data is only supplied Quarterly, Monthly, Annually, etc. so if you were to try and access these instruments in a Daily or Intraday chart you would see an Invalid Periodicity message.

2. If you increase the scaling of your Desktop this can have adverse effects on the menus of MetaStock. This is still true in MetaStock 14, although now that you can resize the Power Console this helps for the Power Console if not the main menus. Improving the overall 'Container' of MetaStock is on our list and planned out into future versions but it is a bit behind some of our other priorities for improvement.

I appreciate that this issue can be annoying especially as large monitors and high resolutions become more prevalent.

3. The trendline issue has been documented and written up, but we did not do anything specific to address the issue (Still an Open defect in our database). I will try to bring up this issue again to see what sort of development effort it would actually take to resolve.  Additionally, charting is something we'll be working on more broadly so it is possible that once that occurs we will see some movement on this issue.

4. Not at this time, although integrating Forecaster with the System Tester and/or other formula tools is certainly part of our long-term plans with the Forecaster.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:05:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

greg550  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:01:55 PM(UTC)
greg550

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you very much for your detailed answer,

Regarding the trendline bug issue, I definitely insist that this is a mistake to consider
it as a low priority. Dragging trendlines/segments without altering their slope
or lenght remains a basic prequisite of any charting software. This may be detrimental
to the analysis and investment decisions of your customers who may have not noticed
this bug and heavily rely on trendlines techniques which do not stand a slight unaccuracy.

Concerning the formula builder inside the forecaster,do you plan to integrate this feature in MS14 or in a
later version?

Again thank you,
Greg
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:11:47 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
I do not believe Forecaster integration to the formula language will happen in a 14 update. We do have development resources committed to this task however. I believe this is being worked on as part of a broader formula language update. This is a pretty major undertaking and will more than likely come through a major product update (i.e. 14 to 15, etc). Whether this makes it into version 15 is still too early to tell although it is one of the nearer-term features we want to update.