logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Igarek  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:33:34 AM(UTC)
igarek

Groups: Guests

Hi to all,
My name is Igor and Im new to formulas, before I used TOS for scanning stocks, it was easier. I just had to put formula that I wanted from many resources in the web, but I prefer to use more proffeional tool like MetaStock to rich my goals.

I started to learn about formulas from Formula Primer book and did some basics formulas like Price range that I want to see at the screener(Close > 10 AND Close < 70), and volume. But when I get to the "harder" formulas like I used before in other prgoram I stuck.

The formulas that I stuck in is : ATR(14) that would show me bigger then 0.65 range in stocks in my list,
Avrg Volume 1000000, and the hardest one is: I want to make a formula that will show me only this stocks that 2 last bars had bigger volume and volatility for about 20% than the previous bars.

I would be very appreciated to all of you how could help me make it works.
(Sorry for my bad English)
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:43:11 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
You would want to use the Explorer to screen stocks for certain criteria. When you create a New exploration, you would put any criteria you want to screen by in the "Filter" tab. For example:

ATR(14) > 0.65 AND V > 1000000

For a formula on volatility you can check out:

There are certainly other resources out there with lots of free formulas on them, for example:

For something being 20% greater, you could multiply the current values by 0.80, for example:

(Std(Log(C/Ref(C,-1)),10)*Sqrt(365)*100) * 0.8 > Ref(Std(Log(C/Ref(C,-1)),10)*Sqrt(365)*100,-1) AND V * 0.8 > Ref(V,-1)
Igarek  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:26:27 AM(UTC)
igarek

Groups: Guests

Thank you so much!
I'll check out the links that you gave me.